If you're a positive, high-energy, enthusiastic adult trainer, consider a career with Oregon State Credit Union! Our Training Consultant positions are a rarity so if you've got financial industry and adult training experience, consider joining us.
As a Training Consultant, you'll develop, implement and evaluate our training curriculum to ensure it supports the credit union vision and strategic initiatives. You'll make assessments and identify solutions to performance gaps in all areas, including technical, procedural, compliance and consultative service skill areas. You'll bear primary responsibility for training our front-line staff and ensuring they are prepared to offer outstanding service to our members. You will test transaction software, test upgrades, champion those changes and consult management regarding new software purchases. You'll use your strong office skills to design training and related materials, quick-references, job aids or other resource materials. But most importantly, you'll continually model our culture of integrity, member focus and enthusiasm for the credit union movement.
Since it began in 1954, Oregon State Credit Union has been a member-owned, not-for-profit financial services institution. We exist for the benefit of our member-owners, and not to profit from them. That's what makes us different from banks and how we're able to create financial solutions that make lives better. As a Training Consultant, you'll be a critical part of ensuring our front line staff have the knowledge they need to do their jobs well.
What you will need to be successful:
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent experience required; Trainer Certification preferred
- Requires 3-5 years of financial industry/financial institution software experience
- Proven competency in adult learning theory and the design principles of online instruction
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proven presentation, coaching, facilitation and leadership skills
- Effective organizational, planning, time-management and follow-up skills including the ability to handle multiple responsibilities and projects
Ways we'll appreciate you:
- A positive atmosphere
- Initial and on-going training; promotion opportunities
- Competitive wages, incentive bonuses, paid holidays and paid PTO time
- 100% credit-union-paid employee medical, dental, vision, life, short-term and long-term disability insurance; dependent coverage also available
- Tax-saving Flexible Spending and Health Savings accounts
- Premier membership perks, loan discounts, company clothing, wellness and recognition programs
- 401k Retirement savings plan with an amazingly generous employer match!
Location: 4800 SW Research Way, Corvallis
Work type: Full-time, exempt
Equal opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities
The information above provides the general nature of work performed in this position and outlines primary qualifications. See the job description for complete details. The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate that they have the legal right to work in the US and pass a background screening to the satisfaction of Oregon State Credit Union.