MONTEZUMA CORTEZ SCHOOL DISTRICT RE-1 Secondary Art Teacher Montezuma-Cortez Mission and Values EVERY STUDENT.
Together we are… Growing our team of effective and committed educators Creating a culture of high expectations Respecting our diversity Inspiring community trust and support Building pathways to successful futures We are looking for passionate teachers who are interested in joining a dynamic team of educators dedicated to closing the achievement gap in a high-need, diverse community of learners. We are privileged to serve students from the Ute Mountain Ute Tribe and the Navajo Tribe, which contributes greatly to the cultural richness of our community and schools.
Our teachers are the key to our students' success. The role of our teachers is to facilitate a dynamic learning environment that engages all students in a rigorous and relevant educational experience that meets individual needs while holding all students to a high standard of performance. Our teachers collaborate with each other on an ongoing basis in their quest to continue their development and professional growth. Teachers receive regular observation, coaching, professional development, and support from the Principal and Assistant Principals.
Creates an effective and engaging learning environment that aligns with school-wide values, behavioral expectations, and positive behavioral support systems. Utilize effective teaching practices to teach curriculum for assigned grades and subjects so that student master grade level standards. Develops and teaches standards-based lessons that provide all students with rigorous instruction aligned to district curriculum. Actively participates in weekly teacher-led, grade-level and content-level professional learning communities. Actively participates in the data-driven instruction cycle including regularly utilizing data from formative, interim, and benchmark assessments to evaluate student progress and make adjustments to instruction to ensure all students are making adequate growth. Maintain an orderly, positive learning environment free from disruptive behavior by implementing proactive classroom management strategies and adhering to the school discipline policies. Proactively communicates with and engages parents and guardians as partners in supporting student educational goals. Supports the development of the whole child including social-emotional skills. Complies with all applicable State and Federal laws and District policies.
- Must hold or qualify for Colorado Licensure in the related level and subject area of teaching.
- Understanding of standards-based instruction and the data-driven instructional cycle
- Knowledge of Colorado State Content Standards preferred Specific Content Skills: Demonstrate an understanding of the Colorado state standards for levels and subject areas of teaching certification. Ability to deepen student's literacy skills across the curriculum through exposure to non-fiction texts, opportunities to practice skills in citing evidence to text, and writing across the curriculum.
A commitment to continuous improvement including an ability to apply knowledge of current research and educational theory to instructional programming; an ability to receive feedback and reflect on one's own instruction; an ability to interpret and use data to drive changes in instruction; and a desire to engage in ongoing collaboration with colleagues to share and learn best practices.
Technical Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
Excellent interpersonal relations and oral and written communication skills Strong decision making, analytical and organizational skills Ability to work with students with diverse needs at various levels Critical thinking and problem solving skills Ability to maintain confidentiality in all aspects of the job Ability to promote and follow Board and District policies and school procedures Ability to communicate, interact and work effectively and cooperatively in a team setting Ability to recognize the importance of safety in the workplace, follow safety rules, practice safe work habits, utilize appropriate safety equipment and report unsafe conditions Ability to implement IEP, 504, ELL and behavior support plans Ability to use technology to support instruction including computer operating system and student information systems. Candidate Profile Education and Certification:
- Teacher's License for Colorado (Required)
- Master's degree (Preferred) Experience and Skills:
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated excellence in reading and math instruction
- Instructional leadership or coaching experience preferred
- Experience in Get Better Faster Framework preferred
- High level of personal organization and planning
- Technology proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint Culture and Fit:
- Commitment to the mission and values of Montezuma Cortez Re-1
- Ambition and desire to grow as a leader
- Openness to feedback
- Maintains and models high standards of personal and professional integrity
- Collaborative practitioner This Position Reports to: The Principal The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. This job description is not intended to create any express or implied contract of employment or expectancy of continued employment for any definite term. “ />