The Painter's Helper prepares repaired vehicles for refinishing and assist painters with their work.
Who Would I Interact With?This position interacts daily with Customers, Technicians, Parts Associates, Cashiers, Parts and Service Managers, just to name a few.
What are the day-to-day responsibilities?
- Prepare vehicles and parts for painting using proper techniques, equipment, and materials
- Mask vehicles for painting
- Prime vehicles and parts
- Sand vehicles and parts prior to painting
- Review all work with painter
- Assist in smooth flow of work through the shop
- Account for time spent on each job each day
- Maintain work area in clean and safe condition
- Keep painter aware of work status
- Alert the painter to any usual problems or additional work needed on a vehicle
- Assist the painter as necessary
What are the requirements for this job?
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Working knowledge of all aspects of repairs for damaged body parts and bodies of vehicles
- Valid in-state driver's license
- Ability to interpret vendor catalogs
AutoNation is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.