The CEO is responsible for the overall operations of South Texas Surgical Hospital. The CEO exercises management responsibility to ensure efficient services that are designed to meet the needs of patients, physicians, the public and staff. The CEO also provides support to the Board of Directors and Surgery Partners (the management company), and is the primary liaison between the Board, Surgery Partners, and the staff of the South Texas Surgical Hospital. The CEO is held accountable for the overall success of the South Texas Surgical Hospital organization.
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree strongly preferred (e.g., Healthcare Administration, Business Administration).
- Minimum of five years of directly related experience with healthcare facilities of similar size and structure.
- Experience developing and motivating staff, as well as an understanding of the general principles of human resources management and employment law.
- Computer proficiency and data analysis experience. Demonstrated experience in developing and overseeing large budgets and leading and implementing strategic planning initiatives.
- Proven ability to create effective working relationships with physicians, staff, Board members and the community.
- Demonstrated leadership ability and complex organizational management skills.
- Must maintain confidentiality concerning patient personal, financial and medical information.
- Demonstrated flexibility and the ability to continually address and shift priorities, meet deadlines and work in a stressful environment.
- Excellent written and verbal skills and the ability to speak to large and diverse groups.
- Must present a professional appearance, providing a positive image of the organization to the public.
- Must exercise considerable judgment and discretion.
- Regular attendance and the ability to work long hours is required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Board and Management Company Administration and Support – The CEO supports the operations and administration of the Board of Directors and Surgery Partners National Group Management Team by maintaining continual, open and effective communication between the Board, the Surgery Partners National Group Management Team, and the Medical Staff.
- Medical Staff Liaison – The CEO facilitates relationships between the physicians and South Texas Surgical Hospital. The CEO recognizes that the ongoing strength and success of the organizations relies heavily on the strength and success of our medical staff and engages them accordingly. The CEO also participates in issues surrounding ethics and quality.
- Community and Public Relations – Through exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, the CEO assures that South Texas Surgical Hospital and their missions, programs and essential services are consistently presented in a strong, positive image to relevant stakeholders.
- Compliance – The CEO will ensure that South Texas Surgical Hospital comply with local, state and federal laws and regulations as they apply to operations of the organizations.
- Strategic Planning – The CEO stays current with general trade and industry conditions and their potential impact on the organizations' policies and operations and, in collaboration with the Surgery Partners National Group Management Team, develops the short-term and long-term strategic plan for the organization and its offered services. The CEO ensures the plan is articulated both internally and externally, and effectively delegates key activities to ensure timely execution of the strategic plan initiatives.
- Delivery of Healthcare Services – The CEO has overall responsibility for the design, marketing, promotion, delivery, risk management and quality of all healthcare programs and services provided to the community. The CEO ensures that policies and practices effectively support sound sand safe patient care, and that the delivery of healthcare services provides the highest level of a positive experience to the patient.
- Financial Management – The CEO recommends yearly budgets for Board and Management Company approval and ensures prudent management of the resources within those budgetary guidelines according to current laws and regulations. The CEO ensures that appropriate internal and management controls are established and maintained.
- Human Resources Management – The CEO organizes function of South Texas Surgical Hospital through appropriate delegation, ensures effective management of the human resources of the organizations according to current, authorized personnel policies and procedures that fully conform to current laws and regulations. The CEO completes annual evaluations for direct reports in a timely and efficient manner.
- Facilities Management – The CEO oversees the preservation of the asset value of South Texas Surgical Hospital capital investments, oversees the management of construction and facility rehabilitation activities, and ensures disaster and emergency preparedness activities are appropriately planned, exercised and documented.
The CEO will perform other duties as assigned by the Surgery Partners National Group President.SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES:The CEO leads the Executive Team and directly supervises the Chief Financial Officer, Chief Nursing Officer, Chief Operating Officer and Chief Human Resources Officer.
SUPERVISED BY: The CEO reports directly to the Surgery Partners National Group Vice President of Operations.