Direct Support Professional (DSP)
$2,000 BONUS AVAILABLE FOR FULL-TIME POSITIONS!*
Passavant Memorial Homes is one of the foremost, consumer-focused providers of support to individuals with intellectual disabilities, autism, and behavioral health needs. The mission of Passavant Memorial Homes is to empower individuals to live successfully in the community. Our team of professionals have been dedicated to promoting choice and independence for individuals with intellectual disabilities for more than 120 years. Throughout our history, we have continuously focused on ensuring the highest quality support and providing a variety of opportunities for our employees to develop and advance.
Passavant Memorial Homes is currently seeking responsible, caring, and dedicated people to fill full-time Direct Support Professional positions in the Coraopolis area.
Direct Support Professionals (DSPs) play a crucial role in fulfilling the mission of Passavant Memorial Homes by providing assistance with daily activities such as preparing meals, administering medication, and providing transportation to work or community activities in order to promote independence. To be successful in this role, you must be compassionate, motivated to help others, and dedicated to providing quality support.
Apply today to find your career and passion at Passavant Memorial Homes!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE DIRECT SUPPORT PROFESSIONAL (DSP):
- Provide direct care services to individuals with intellectual disabilities and specialized care in daily living, social, and recreational activities.
- Provide support and assistance to foster maximum independence of individuals.
- Participate in the development and implementation of the individual support plan.
- Ensure the safety and well-being of the individuals.
- Assist and encourage individuals to engage in various activities in the home and community.
- Observe individuals’ behaviors and changes in physical condition, utilize prescribed strategies to assist the individual, and document and report accordingly.
- Administer medications (upon completion of certification; all necessary training is provided).
- Assist/perform needed cooking, housekeeping and cleaning duties.
- Maintain logs and records pertaining to individuals.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE OF THE DIRECT SUPPORT PROFESSIONAL (DSP):
- Minimum of 18 years of age, required.
- Valid driver’s license, required.
- Experience working directly with individuals with developmental disabilities, preferred.
PASSAVANT MEMORIAL HOMES OFFERS A VARIETY OF BENEFITS INCLUDING:
- Competitive Wages: $17.30 - $17.80 an hour
- Comprehensive Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance Coverage
- Generous PTO package
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Dynamic and Supportive Work Environment
- Career Development and Advancement Opportunities
Passavant Memorial Homes Family of Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
*Prospective employees hired for a Full-Time Direct Support Professional Position will receive a $2,000 sign‐on bonus. New employee will receive the first $1,000 after completion of 30 calendar days of employment. The second $1,000 will be awarded after completion of 119 calendar days of employment. 25% of the total amount of the sign‐on bonus will be contingent upon the prospective employee attending the planned orientation date that was provided during the interview. If the planned orientation date is missed, the prospective employee will receive half of the bonus payout which occurs after the first 30 days of employment. Sign-on bonus is eligible for prospective employees hired from March 1, 2023 through April 30, 2023.
If you are having issues or need assistance while filling out the application, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
By clicking “Submit Application,” you are indicating that you have read and accept our Privacy Statement. If you have any questions regarding any open positions, the application process, or filling out the electronic application, please contact our recruitment team by e-mail at email@example.com or by phone at 1-888-764-6467 Extension 111.
PMHFOS prohibits discrimination in any employment action; in admissions, referrals, operations, or delivery of services against individuals because of their race; color; national origin; sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, and/or gender identity); creed; religious affiliation; disability; age; ancestry; genetic information; limited English proficiency; marital status; membership in volunteer emergency responder organization; victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking; family care responsibilities; reproductive health decisions; and retaliation for initiating a complaint of discrimination or opposing or participating in the investigation of a discriminatory practice. Visit our Compliance page for more information.
PMHFOS is dedicated to achieving a diverse workforce through application of its affirmative action, equal opportunity, and nondiscrimination policies in all aspects of employment. PMHFOS celebrates diversity and has a no-tolerance policy for harassment or discrimination of any kind. We value the unique skills, background, and experience of all of our employees.