PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
General responsibility for coordinating warehouse activities on a daily basis. The Warehouse Lead is responsible for guiding the receiving, warehousing, returns, shipping, and inventory control of product in a manner consistent with company quality, service and cost objectives.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead the coordination of unloading inbound shipments, orderly stacking and storage of product, and the picking, staging, and loading of outbound shipments in accordance with the highest possible levels of productivity.
- Oversee the handling of returned/damaged goods, maintenance, and administrative activities to ensure customer requirements are met in an efficient manner.
- Ensure inbound and outbound shipments are accurate and free of damage.
- Conduct operations in accordance with Distribution standards.
- Ensure the efficient and safe operation of all materials handling equipment.
- Ensure that work schedules established are correctly implemented and those jobs are assigned effectively and completed properly.
- Maintain a clean, neat, and orderly work area.
- Assist in maintaining the security of the warehouse.
- Conduct operations in a manner that promotes safety and in accordance with OSHA and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) standards.
- Provide front line guidance to the operations of the warehouse work team to achieve prescribed objectives.
- Apply sound communication and motivational techniques.
- Complete all necessary records and reports in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Assure the integrity of the inventory and assist in conduction physical inventories.
- Attend warehouse meetings.
- Act as liaison between employees and management.
- Determines methods and procedures on new assignments.
- May act as an informal team leader and provides assistance to junior staff with support tasks that require considerable judgment and initiative.
- May escalate difficult/complex issues to supervisor for resolution, as deemed necessary.
- Assist with various projects as assigned by direct supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Indoor/ outdoor work, bending, carrying, kneeling, lifting, vision, hearing, sitting, maneuvering, pushing and pulling, reaching, standing, climbing, stooping, and walking.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds, with assistance, as required
- High School Diploma required; Associates Degree desirable; and Bachelors Degree strongly preferred
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 4 6 years related experience.
- Warehouse and materials handling equipment experience required.
- Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills are a must.
- Some familiarity with inventory management and personal computers is helpful.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Must be motivated and can work in a fast pace environment.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.