Small Business Banker - Coppell
Req Number: 229568
We invite you to explore the award-winning culture, people, rewards and opportunities that make Comerica Bank so special. Make your next career choice a confident one.
- Proven Sales and Marketing Skills
- Intermediate level computer competency including Microsoft Windows (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Commercial Loan and Real Estate product knowledge
- Active Listening Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Critical Thinking/Problem Solving
- Proficient Presentation Skills
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited University
- 4 years in Consumer/Business financial services sales experience
- 1 year experience with utilizing Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Small Business Banker
The Small Business Banker is responsible for driving net customer growth through the overall attraction, expansion, retention including servicing of small business relationships. This role will support multiple banking centers in a defined geographic territory by focusing on their portfolio and business customers. This includes calling on small business customers with up to approximately $3 million in annual revenues with lending needs up to 100K (future will be up to $250K)
The trusted advisor will be committed to new business development, conducting quality conversations to build rapport and discover unmet needs of customers, providing relationship servicing, and consistently enhance the partner referral processes by following best practices.
Customer Relationship Activities
- Service, execute and impact the customer relationship activities for the attraction, expansion, and retention of business customers.
- Provide effective customer onboarding and engagement by routinely strengthening new and current customer relationships, introducing new and existing customers to Comerica's products and services, and addressing customer questions.
- Responsible for the acquisition and retention of business customers through partnership activities.
- Lead portfolio management efforts to retain and expand current portfolio relationship and increasing the number of portfolio customers in the banking center.
- Lead and/or participate in community involvement to increase bank outreach with the community and COIs to foster new business customer relationships at the banking center.
- Proactively sets appointments and regular meetings with portfolio customers to build trust and identify needs.
- Comply with company policies and procedures, regulations, and security procedures to serve customers and optimize customer satisfaction.
Customer Experience and Partnership Activities
- Proactively seeks to learn about new products, services, technologies, and customer service tactics.
- Enhance the customer experience by aligning customer needs with Comerica's values and practices that create tailored customer solutions.
- Manage servicing requests from customers in the assigned portfolio.
- Resolve complex customer complaints.
- Partner with defined Banking Centers to grow revenue and customer experience.
- Proactively identify opportunities to introduce customers to our small business, business banking, merchant services, and treasury management partners.
8:00am - 5:00pm Monday - Friday
Category B - 3-4 days in office on designated days/1-2 days remote
We know that our employees are critical to our overall success. We are dedicated to investing in their future to maintain long-term relationships for lasting commitments. One of the ways we do this is to offer a comprehensive package of compensation and benefits programs which are regularly reviewed to maintain them at competitive levels. Your salary will be commensurate with your work experience.
Upon offer, Comerica conducts a comprehensive background and fingerprint check.
NMLS certification requirement: where applicable, a favorable background check screening, credit check, fingerprint check, and NMLS certification is required in accordance with the SAFE Act.
Comerica Incorporated (NYSE: CMA) is a financial services company headquartered in Dallas, Texas, and strategically aligned by the Business Bank, the Retail Bank, and Wealth Management. Comerica's more than 9,000 colleagues focus on relationships, and helping people and businesses be successful. In addition to Texas, Comerica Bank locations can be found in Arizona, California, Florida and Michigan, with select businesses operating in several other states, as well as in Canada and Mexico.
Comerica is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer - veterans/individuals with disabilities, committed to workplace diversity.