Requisition Number: PHYSI03699
The Physician Assistant is responsible to provide healthcare services to patients in both the clinic and in surgery, under direction and responsibility of physician(s). This position specializes in total joint replacement, sports and general orthopedics requiring travel to Coon Rapids, Blaine and Fridley location(s). Twin Cities Orthopedics is an operating division of Infinite Health Collaborative (i-Health).
- Assist physician in the clinic (e.g., room and prep patients; order x-rays; compile patient medical data, including health history and results of physical examination)
- Assist surgeon in operating room (e.g., pre-surgery planning, position patient in O.R., check for proper instruments, assist in surgical procedure, close wound, remove patient)
- Perform therapeutic procedures such as splinting, casting, suturing and wound care
- Apply, remove, modify and adjust casts and soft goods; change dressings; remove sutures
- Implement patient management plans, record progress, and assist in provision of care
- Consultations with (phone or in-person) patients for cast application/adjustment, dressing changes or brace application; etc.
- Rounding and call, as required by supervising Physician
- Prescribe medications
- Occasionally participate in community functions relating to TCO outreach events throughout the year.
- Any and all other duties as assigned
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant program
- NCCPA certification
- Minnesota Board of Medical Practice registration/license
- DEA registration
- >1 year experience in Orthopedics
- Comply with company policies, procedures, practices and business ethics guidelines.
- Complete job required training.
- Comply with all applicable laws and regulations, (e.g. HIPAA, Stark, OSHA, employment laws, etc.)
- Demonstrate prompt and reliable attendance
- Work in the clinic, office or surgery center during business hours
- Travel independently throughout the clinic, office or surgery center (which may include movement from floor to floor); frequent bending, lifting, standing, stooping or sitting for long periods of time may be required
- Work at an efficient and productive pace, handle interruptions appropriately and meet deadlines
- Communicate and interact in a respectful and professional manner
- Prioritize workload while being flexible to meet the expectations of the daily operations
- Apply principles of logical thinking to define problems, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Understand and execute a variety of instructions
- Effectively operate equipment and communicate on and operate the phone system
- Work independently with minimal supervision
- Travel to other work locations, if required
Performance Expectations – i-Health’s Core Values:
- Integrity - Do the right thing and take responsibility for what you do and say
- Service - Consistently contribute to deliver an exceptional experience
- Quality - Act with high purpose, committed effort, and skillful execution to exceed expectations
- Innovation - Identify progressive solutions that improve service, teamwork, efficiency, and/or effectiveness
- Teamwork - Be a part of the whole; support each other positively
- Clinic/office/surgery center setting
- Infinite Health Collaborative (i-Health) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
- This position description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Essential and Additional Job Functions are subject to modification.