Come work at a place where we take pride in creating a workplace environment that values hard work, commitment, and growth.
At least six months previous related work experience preferred.
High school diploma or G.E.D. preferred.
- Good math skills
- Ability to count merchandise accurately
- Ability to understand computer printouts
- Communication - effective listening, speaking and writing
- Operate computer - hand held and/or desktop
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands and requirements include:
- Constantly stand, reach, handle, use repetitive motions (hand/wrist/fingers) and feel; frequently required to stoop, crouch, use fingers, grasp, push, and pull; occasionally required to walk and, balance.
- Constantly lift up to 20 pounds; frequently lift 21 to 40 pounds; and occasionally lift 41 to 60 pounds.
- Ability to hear and specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Regular attendance and the ability to complete assigned shift is essential.
- Loads and unloads items onto or off pallets, platforms, cars, or lifting devices.
- Drives forklifts and electric pallet jacks to move cartons, containers, crates and pallets of goods to assigned places.
- Lifts, stacks, and unstacks merchandise using equipment with fork extensions.
- Moves materials and finished containers to processing or dispatch areas.
- Ensures containers are scanned and stored in the correct area of the Distribution Center so that they may be located easily when processing orders.
- Loads transport pallets ensuring loads are evenly and securely placed.
- Keeps a record of daily operations and performs a safety checklist
- Required to learn company policies and procedures. Required to learn company safety rules.
- Ability to raise into heights of up to 35 ft.
- Maintains flexibility regarding job assignments- works with other departments and works scheduled overtime as needed.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by adhering to sanitation policies and procedures.
Duties may change and associates may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate with regard to employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other category protected by law.