Job Title: CD Aide
Supervisor: Kindergarten Teacher and Principal
Terms of Employment: 185 days
Assist the Kindergarten Teacher in providing a well-organized, smoothly functioning class environment in which the students can take full advantage of the instructional program and available resource materials.
- Participate in in-service training provide by the school district and/or State Department of education with additional opportunities being provided.
- Assists in preparation for classroom activities under the supervision of the Kindergarten Teacher.
- Assist the Kindergarten Teacher with providing individual and small group instruction designed to meet the individual needs of children.
- Assist the Kindergarten Teacher in creating an environment for developmentally appropriate learning through a healthy and attractive environment.
- Assist the Kindergarten Teacher with non-instructional classroom duties, such as snack, recess, lunch, and clothing and bathroom duties.
- Assist with the maintenance of records as required by the school district and/or the State Department of Education.
Perform other tasks and assume other responsibilities as may from time to time be assigned by the Kindergarten Teacher and the Principal.
Performance of this job will be evaluated annually in accordance with provisions of the Board's policy on Evaluation of Support Personnel.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required)
- Must meet the NCLB requirements for a paraprofessional which includes one of the following: Minimum of 60 college credit hours or an Associates Degree or Paraprofessional certificate (minimum score of 456 on the exam).
- Demonstrate aptitude (i.e. good grasp of spoken and written language, positive attitude toward young children, and knowledge of needs and development of young children) for the work to be performed.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Administration and/or Board may find appropriate and acceptable.Physical Requirements
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and reach with hands and arms; walk; sit; stoop or kneel; crouch or crawl.
Additional physical requirements include the following:
Physically capable of frequently lifting or moving up to 40 pounds;
Specific vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to focus;
Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time;
Manual dexterity for the purpose of using a telephone and data entry;
Read a computer screen and printed material with or without vision aids;
Hear and understand speech at normal levels and on the telephone; and Speak in audible tones so that others may understand clearly in person and on the telephone.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Pay Grade: 17-18
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other related duties as assigned by the appropriate administrator or supervisor. Horry County Schools reserves the right to update, revise or change this job description and related duties at any time without prior notice.
The deadline is for the convenience of the District. The District reserves the right at any time to extend the deadline date without notice and without final consideration of any pending applications.