The Senior Financial Reporting Analyst will be one of the go-to team members working directly with the Senior Manager, Financial Reporting and Consolidations in the day-to-day activities of the department with respect to monthly and quarterly close activities of a public company. This position will be involved in all aspects of consolidations, internal and external reporting, technical accounting and consolidated company review and analysis. The role will support the Corporate Finance leadership team and be a contact point person in cross departmental coordination efforts.
The following are some specific responsibilities for this position to achieve such tasks:
- Integral role in the oversight of the Companys global consolidation system
- Complete monthly and quarterly accounting closes relating to corporate entities and consolidated company reconciliations, working in a collaborative manner with a team of three or more members of the Corporate financial reporting and accounting team
- Preparation of audited financial statements including financial statement disclosures in accordance with U.S. GAAP and supplemental support for external auditors
- Responsible for drafting technical accounting memorandums on significant or unusual transactions including, but not limited to, share-based compensation, debt refinancing, impairment testing, acquisition accounting and derivative accounting
- Assist in the preparation of all SEC filings, press releases, analyst presentations and various internal presentations and external investor materials
- Assist in ad-hoc request as needed in coordination with FP&A, Treasury and Tax functions
- Work directly with the VP, Finance and Chief Accounting Officer, and the Corporate Controller on various projects as directed
- Initiative to propose and implement process efficiencies in connection with integration activities
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university in Accounting or Finance;
- Minimum four years of relevant work experience (preferred five to seven years)
- Combination of public accounting and corporate industry experience preferred, including extensive technical accounting knowledge and significant SEC and SOX-404 experience, experience in manufacturing or the chemicals industry a plus
- Experience with multi-national public Company consolidations and external financial reporting disclosure requirements required
- CPA required
- The position requires ability to understand problems, collect & summarize data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- The ability to offer creative ideas for improving business analysis is also expected.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required
- Must be able to work in a fast pace environment, to work at different projects at the same time, and to think analytically
- Expert with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Accounting systems
Quaker Houghton is a global leader in industrial process fluids. With a robust presence around the world, including operations in over 25 countries, our customers include thousands of the worlds most advanced and specialized steel, aluminum, automotive, aerospace, offshore, can, mining, and metalworking companies. Our high-performing, innovative and sustainable solutions are backed by best-in-class technology, deep process knowledge and customized services. With 4,000 employees, including chemists, engineers and industry experts, we partner with our customers to improve their operations so they can run even more efficiently, even more effectively, whatever comes next.