“Great real estate matters, but great people matter even more” (BRX Cultural Tenet #1)
Brixmor Property Group believes great real estate matters, but great people matter even more.
- WE ARE a publicly traded real estate investment trust, owning and operating more than 400 high-quality, open-air shopping centers (73M in GLA)
- WE VALUE highly talented and passionate professionals who thrive in a culture of integrity, inclusion, empowerment, accountability and trust
- OUR MISSION is to act like owners, aggressively managing our shopping centers to deliver growing returns to our shareholders
- WE BELIEVE that our shopping centers should transform the everyday lives of the communities we serve
We are headquartered in New York City with major real estate operations in the Atlanta, San Diego, Chicago and Philadelphia markets, and our Accounting Center is in Philadelphia.
Property Accountant (Conshohocken, PA)
The principal and essential functions will be to assist in the preparation of accurate accounting information on the performance of property assets by providing superior levels of customer service to Brixmor’s internal customers and optimize returns to its investors.
These goals can be achieved via a customer focused, value adding team approach in which internal customers are highly serviced.
In order for Brixmor’s internal customers to adequately meet and exceed retailer and investor customer expectations, there is an every-increasing need for:
-The provisions of timely and accurate information and customer service.
-Strong internal reporting procedures.
-A commercial approach to information collection, analysis and presentation.
-Flexibility and a willingness to respond to changing customer needs.
- Responsible for the accounting function on all assigned centers including, but not limited to, profit and loss statement preparation, property recovery calculations and balance sheet reconciliations;
- Compilation of financial information for the monthly management reports (including commentary) and additional reports as required under management agreements with external owners or at Executive's request;
- Prepare Net Operating Income work sheets for assigned properties;
- Prepare annual recovery reconciliation work papers for assigned properties;
- Calculate annual escrow increases and budget recovery expense per sq ft;
- Assist in the preparation of annual budgets, ensuring accuracy of calculations and completeness of documents to allow for meaningful and accurate variance reporting in the actual year;
- Assist in the preparation of property forecasts to ensure forecast data accurately reflects the year to date position and likely income and expenditure for the remainder of the financial year;
- Ensure continual compliance with Management Agreements with external owners (where applicable) and individual retailer leases;
- Assist with disposition accounting; and
- Act as a liaison with all retailers in relation to Common Area Maintenance (including property tax and insurance) issues and disputes;
- Liaison with Collections Team members to ensure knowledge is transferred and tenant resolutions are appropriately communicated in a timely manner;
- Coordinate, review and resolve tenant audits; and
- Perform monthly % rent / % rent in lieu reconciliation’s for all tenants with percentage rent clauses and post related charges to tenant accounts.
- Collaboratively prepare and review all tenant billings.
- Other ad hoc requests from owners and management as required.
- An Accounting/Finance undergraduate degree;
- Team approach with positive attitude;
- Detailed spreadsheet expertise;
- Attention to detail as well as ability to see the big picture;
- Mainframe computer literacy from user viewpoint;
- Sound time and project management skills;
- Strong oral and written communication skills; and
- Capable of clear lateral thinking with a disciplined approach to documenting and solving problems.
Brixmor offers very competitive pay commensurate with background and responsibilities plus a benefits and perks package that supports career engagement, growth, good health and connection with teammates and our communities.
EOE (Brixmor is an Equal Opportunity Employer)