Network Design Engineer - Networks, Integration, and Automation (Conshohocken)
Our Transmission &Distribution global practice is looking for a Network Design Engineer in ourPhiladelphia office to serve as a technical lead for MPLS network deployment projects. The Network Design Engineer will be responsible forengineering design and technical oversight of MPLS network deployment projects.Major responsibilities for the Network Design Engineer willinclude:
- Design MPLS networks over dark fiber, DWDM,and/or microwave utilizing client standards or developing new standards.Project deliverables may include:
- Network topology plans
- Network design reports:
- Routing protocol selection
- LSP design
- IP address planning
- Naming/numbering standards
- Capacity planning for applications
- Quality of service (QoS) implantation
- Network synchronization strategy
- Router security design
- Application security design
- Application cutover plans
- Circuit records
- IP address assignments
- Router configurations
- Lab and production test plans
- Identify and troubleshoot network performancedegradations
- Provide support to customers in field ofexpertise
- Assist in the creation of a MPLS deploymenttraining program
- Execute complexassignments requiring the use of advanced tools and techniques, resulting inthe development of new or improved processes, equipment and/or technologicalmethods.
- Identify, communicate andresolve issues on projects as needed.
- Work in multi-vendorenvironments (Nokia, Cisco, Check Point) with typical project requirements tointegrate multiple vendors.
- Provide leadership,guidance and instruction to less experienced staff members.
- Work with the projectmanager to establish project schedule and lead the engineering team to meetdeadlines
- Work closely with theproject team to ensure deliverables and services are being provided to clientssatisfaction and that projects are following internal QA/QC guidelines.
- Perform design qualityreviews.
- Regularly meet and correspondwith clients or outside personnel to develop relationships with key clientpoints of contact.
- Prepare proposals andassist in presentations.
- Other duties asassigned.
- Bachelor's degree in electrical, computer or other related engineering discipline from an ABET accredited program
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of work experience on network design and optimization. Master of Science degree in Engineering may be substituted for 1 year experience.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must be capable of applying intensive and diversified knowledge of principles and practices to broad areas of assignments.
- Professional Engineering (PE) registration preferred.
- Previous consulting experience.
- Previous utility company experience.
$100,000 - $155,000
The expected compensation range for this position is displayed in accordance with the Connecticut Public Act 21-30, An Act Concerning the Disclosure of Salary Range for Vacant Positions. The final agreed upon compensation is based on a number of factors, including but not limited to: individual education, qualifications, prior work experience and work location. The total annual compensation package will consist of a base salary and eligibility to participate in our discretionary year-end incentive bonus program.
Our extensive benefits package takes care of you so that you can focus on doing great work. From insurance and disability to time off and wellness programs, we provide the tools to meet your needs. As part of being 100% employee-owned, eligible employees participate in our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) in addition to our 401(k) retirement program. For more information, please visit the Benefits & Wellness page.