A great experience begins with a great team! First Priority Mortgage, a division of Mid Penn Bank, is hiring a Mortgage Loan Processor in Conshohocken, PA.
We believe that our ongoing success depends upon a skilled, satisfied and valued work force. As a member of our team, you can expect opportunities to develop your skills to help you excel in your role and achieve your professional career goals. We offer a comprehensive range of flexible benefits to support your personal and financial well-being. Our inclusive culture encourages all employees to share ideas, collaborate, and contribute to the values that make us a winning team for our customers, shareholders, and communities.
The Mortgage Loan Processor is responsible for performing a variety of duties to support the mortgage loan function. This individual will coordinate work within the department as well as with other departments, complying with operating policies and procedures established for the mortgage loan function.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Orders all appraisals from Bank approved appraisers and all verifications needed to process loan for loans sold to our investors.
- Submits approved loan files to the closer in an organized fashion for easy delivery to the title company.
- Places monthly order for stationary, supplies and copy paper for the department.
- Tracks documentation received from appraisers, employers, and financial institutions in a timely manner.
- Delivers fully processed loan files to underwriting department.
- Assists loan officers in receiving loan documents and conditions required for approval.
- Communicates with management and staff personnel in order to integrate goals and activities.
- Maintains knowledge of documents needed for all mortgage programs (FNMA, PHFA, in-house, etc.)
- Assists in the application process, documentation, disclosures, and compliance for residential mortgage loans.
- Assists underwriters with mortgage loan applications.
- Maintains appropriate records and provides assigned reports.
- Responds to inquiries relating to his/her particular area, or to requests from customers, other bank personnel, etc., within given time frames and within established policy.
- Represents the Bank to customers in a courteous, professional manner and provides prompt, efficient, and accurate service in the processing of mortgage applications and answering questions in person or by telephone.
- Ensures that Bank has copy of Borrowers Homeowner Insurance.
- Reviews received loan documents for authenticity.
- Complies with established operating policies and procedures in order to maintain adequate controls and to support the bank's adherence to outside regulatory requirements.
- Performs tasks, which are supportive in nature to the essential functions of the job, but which may be altered or re-designed depending upon individual circumstances.
- Regular and predictable attendance is required.
Education & Qualifications
- An Associate degree in related field preferred; specialized education or training relating to mortgage processing.
- A minimum of two (2) years' experience in related positions required.
Proficient reading, writing, grammar, and mathematics skills; proficient interpersonal relations and communicative skills; basic knowledge of current mortgage lending regulations; a working knowledge of bank operating policies and procedures which impact mortgage loan services; moderate PC skills; ability to sit, stand, walk, bend, stoop, reach with hands or arms, use hands to manipulate objects, handle or feel, and lift items weighing 20 lbs. or less; visual, auditory and speaking skills.
- PC/Computer keyboard
- Fax machine
- Copy machine
Mid Penn Bank offers rewarding career opportunities, competitive wages, great incentives and benefits.
Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, genetic information, pregnancy, disability, or protected veteran status. We also comply with all applicable laws governing employment practices and do not discriminate on the basis of any unlawful criteria.
Equal Opportunity Employer