- Overall Purpose Of The Job (Brief description of the primary purpose of this position)
- This is a MS SQL ETL Developer position working as a member of a development team on our flagship product to create new data pipelines to transfer data from existing to go-forward systems.
- As we migrate from a legacy platform to a cloud-based platform, data that resides in the legacy platform needs to be ported to the new system to provide a cohesive user experience. Data mapping from source to target system and then development of a performant ETL process to transfer the data are requirements for this position.
- Key Responsibilities (Critical responsibilities and skills of this position, listed in order of importance)
- The ETL Developer will develop a source to target data mapping and then the Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) processes used to transfer the data from legacy to the go-forward system. Data quality is an absolute must to provide a cohesive and uninterrupted user experience. The ETL Developer should be comfortable with exploring and understanding the data models at both source and destination with little available documentation.
- The ETL Developer is responsible for developing a well-performing data transfer process, as there is a large amount of data that will need to be transferred in a short amount of time. The ETL Developer should be prepared to develop a process that transfers quality data to the target system and can develop a system with robust error handling and logging.
- Job Profile
Required Skills and Knowledge (Brief description of technical knowledge or skills needed to perform the job)
- SQL Server Database Management
- Data Mapping, Source-to-Target
- Data Transformations
- Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) Development, specifically with SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Transact SQL Stored Procedures, Functions, Triggers
- Distributed Version Control
- Required Work Experience (Brief description of the job-related experience needed to perform the job)
- Troubleshooting and resolving database problems
- Working in an Agile development environment
Required Qualifications (Brief description of the educational background needed to perform the job)
- Computer Science or related discipline
Required Languages (Brief description of the language skills needed to perform the job)
- Excellent written and spoken English