Assistant Project Manager - Networks, Integration, and Automation - Conshohocken
Our Transmission & Distribution global practice is looking for an Assistant Project Manager in our Boston, MA and Conshohocken, PA offices to manage utility IT and telecommunication projects. Projects include supervisory control and data acquisition, distribution automation, cyber security, microwave radio deployment, wireless network design, fiber optics buildout, and smart grid.
The Assistant Project Manager will manage, direct and coordinate all aspects of work and is responsible for the profit and loss of individual projects and the successful completion of projects within specified dates. The Assistant Project Manager is also responsible for establishing and maintaining a professional and satisfactory relationship with the owner, subcontractors, regulatory agencies and other project stakeholders. Major responsibilities for this opportunity will include:
- Develop and support a client project management office (PMO) from project initiation through planning, execution, monitoring/controlling, and closeout
- Gather technical requirements, assess client capabilities and analyze findings to provide an appropriate recommendation
- Research, analyze, recommend and select technical approaches for solving challenging and complex problems
- Proactively identify risks and drive action to mitigate and resolve issues
- Partner with clients to develop both technical and business requirements
- Collaborate with clients and internal teams to analyze, design, & deliver innovative solutions for a wide variety of technical topics
- Prepare proposal and deliver client presentations
- Work closely with both IT and business clients, to best align business needs with technical capability/feasibility
- Develop and monitor project schedules, manage scope, and control project costs
- Assist with project financials, staffing projections, legal coordination, risk management, change management, and team development
- Work closely with the project team to ensure deliverables and services are being provided to client’s satisfaction and that projects are following QA/QC guidelines.
- Report regularly on progress, cost and schedule metrics, procurement issues, safety or environmental concerns, design questions, potential impacts, and any issues requiring office support.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering or Computer Science from an accredited program.
- Minimum of three years of IT or telecommunications project experience with at least two years related project management experience.
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and analytics techniques
- Ability to apply structured approaches and methodologies to your project work
- Ability to develop a set of actionable and targeted project plans or project strategies as necessary
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage a vast array of information
- Rigorous and logical problem-solving approach
- Adaptable self-starter who can create structure in ambiguous environments
- Highly self-motivated and able to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Financial acumen in cost accrual and forecasting required.
- Experience in data analytics and visualization in PowerBI or a related platform required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Project or Primavera scheduling software required.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification strongly preferred. Professional Engineering (PE) registration preferred.
- Must have ability to deal effectively with a wide variety of industry, government and public contracts on project-related matters. Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must have ability to travel. Valid driver's license required, and must meet standards to qualify for and maintain the Company's vehicle driving privileges as outlined in the Company's Motor Vehicle Safety Policy.
The expected compensation range for this position is displayed in accordance with the Connecticut Public Act 21-30, An Act Concerning the Disclosure of Salary Range for Vacant Positions. The final agreed upon compensation is based on a number of factors, including but not limited to: individual education, qualifications, prior work experience and work location. The total annual compensation package will consist of a base salary and eligibility to participate in our discretionary year-end incentive bonus program.
Our extensive benefits package takes care of you so that you can focus on doing great work. From insurance and disability to time off and wellness programs, we provide the tools to meet your needs. As part of being 100% employee-owned, eligible employees participate in our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) in addition to our 401(k) retirement program. For more information, please visit the Benefits & Wellness page.