Senior Clinical Coding Nurse South Dallas
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
The Sr. Clinical Coding Nurse Consultant will drive consistent, efficient processes and share best practices in a collaborative effort with Providers and Market Team, designed to facilitate achievement of goals set for HCC Ratio, HCC Covered Ratio, and HCC Percent Covered. The Sr. Clinical Coding Nurse Consultant will drive Risk Adjustment improvement initiatives, develop recommendations for Risk Adjustment remediation plans and create tools and databases to capture relevant data for assigned markets to achieve corporate and market specific Risk Adjustment goals and initiatives. This position will work collaboratively with each regional / market team and their leadership in a matrix relationship. This position will provide direction and guidance to Medical Coding Analysts, as well as cross functional team members within their respective Markets pertaining to Risk Adjustment.
**$5,000 Sign On Bonus for External Candidates only**
This position is traveling throughout the South Dallas region in Huntsville, Conroe, and College Station
- Develop and implement market business plans to motivate providers to engage in improving Risk Adjustment metrics
- Provide analytical interpretation of Risk Adjustment reporting including, Executive Summaries, HCC Ratio, Disagree and Resolution rates, and FaxBack reporting to plan and provider groups
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) for all Risk Adjustment related activities within their assigned market(s) working within a matrix relationship which includes DataRAP operations and Regional / Market operations
- Assist in developing of training and analytical materials for Risk Adjustment
- Oversee DataRAP training and education delivery for Mega Groups via Provider education sessions and Physician Business Meetings / JOCs
- Lead Weekly, Monthly, Bi-monthly, Quarterly, and / or Annual Business Review meetings related to Risk Adjustment activities which summarize provider group performance and market performance as requested by or required by Market leadership
- Analyze and evaluate provider group structure and characteristics, provider group / provider office operations and personnel to identify the most effective approaches and strategies related to Risk Adjustment
- Analyze Provider and Group performance regarding Risk Adjustment and Focus on Care (FOC) to determine areas of focus or improvement opportunities.
- Develop solution-based, user friendly initiatives to support practice success
- Oversee market specific chart retrieval and review of PCP, Hospital, and Specialist records
- Work with DataRAP Senior Leadership on identified special project
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing (Associate degree or Nursing Diploma from accredited nursing school with 2 or more years of additional experience may be substituted in lieu of a bachelor’s degree) and current Texas or Compact RN license in good standing
- CPC certification or have the ability to obtain a certification within 9 months of employment from the American Academy of Professional Coders
- 5+ years of associated business experience within the health care industry
- 1+ years of ICD-9, ICD10 coding experience
- Knowledge of CMS HCC Model and Guidelines along with ICD 10 Guidelines
- Proven knowledge of the Medicare market, products, and competitors
- Knowledge base of clinical standards of care and preventative health measures
- Ability and willingness to travel (locally and non-locally) as determined by business needs
- Reliable transportation that will enable you to travel to client and / or patient sites within a designated area
- Ability to perform this role in an office setting or other company location
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Undergraduate degree
- Experience in managed care working with network and provider relationsl
- Good business acumen, especially as it relates to Medicare
- Additional Medical chart review experience
- Medical / clinical background
- MS Office Suite, moderate to advanced EXCEL and PowerPoint skills
- Professional experience persuading changes in behavior
- Ability to solve process problems crossing multiple functional areas and business units
- Proven problem-solving skills: the ability to analyze problems, draw relevant conclusions and devise and implement an appropriate plan of action
- Demonstrated ability to interact with medical staff, peers, and internal company staff at all levels
- Proven presentation skills and relationship building skills with clinical / non-clinical personnel
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 550,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
WellMed was founded in 1990 with a vision of being a physician-led company that could change the face of healthcare delivery for seniors. Through the WellMed Care Model, we specialize in helping our patients stay healthy by providing the care they need from doctors who care about them. We partner with multiple Medicare Advantage health plans in Texas and Florida and look forward to continuing growth.
**PLEASE NOTE** The sign on bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis (“Internal Candidates“) are not eligible to receive a sign on bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment
Job Keywords: Registered Nurse, RN, CPC, Coding, TX, Texas, Risk Adjustment, Medical Record Review, Chart Review, Field, ICD-9, ICD-10, CPT, Sign On Bonus, Dallas, TX, Texas