Who We Are:
Ball Corporation supplies innovative, sustainable packaging solutions for beverage, personal care and household products customers, as well as aerospace and other technologies and services primarily for the U.S. government. Ball Corporation and its subsidiaries employ more than 17,500 people worldwide and reported 2018 net sales of $11.6 billion. Ball is dedicated to creating an inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Ball Corporation is committed to recruiting, training, compensating and promoting regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, age, or veteran status.
For more information, visit www.ball.com, or connect with us on Facebook or Twitter.
Primary Purpose of Position:
Provides technical and administrative support to the plant as directed.
- Complies with established job safety practices, policies and procedures as specified in plant and corporate directives for the safe performance of the work environment.
- Supports and follows the guidelines of the food safety system.
- Performs administrative duties, such as escorting visitors, distributing mail, originating travel, procuring, replenishing and maintaining supplies, other direct materials, services and equipment, organizing plant business and social activities, answering, directing, screening, and placing telephone calls.
- May process accounts payable, weekly hourly payroll, garnishments, manual checks, expense reports, petty cash, dunnage receipts, scrap worksheets, and/or metal receipts as required.
- Handles administrative details associated with recruiting and onboarding employees.
- Maintains the employee staffing sheet and employee photo board.
- Maintains the employee uniform program and acts as a liaison between the employee and the uniform service to resolve issues.
- Originates and maintains required forms, documents, records, and personnel files on a current basis.
- Originates records, logs, files and reconciles a variety of reports and information for group and corporate offices and various government agencies under the direction of management.
- Originates and performs in the development, maintenance, and monitoring of the plant safety program, training materials, library, and visual aids.
- Proofreads all artwork for accuracy, verifies label revisions, and orders new graphics with group graphics department and engraving companies.
- Insures the accuracy and maintenance of label data books, color standards and standard books, and performs other administrative duties related to the graphics function.
- Production Staff (hourly)
- Dotted Line
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through 1 high school; 0 college or 0 graduate degree level education or work-related experience
- Job related experience for 2 year(s) minimum
- Working knowledge of the following areas: Clerical support functions to include typing, filing, data processing, accounting, purchasing, and switchboard operations; word processing and spreadsheet software; office/business procedures, customers' needs and requirements; English language, including spelling, grammar, vocabulary, and punctuation; company manufacturing products, practices, nomenclature, and procedures; plant quality standards.
- Ability to apply standard evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard technical and administrative techniques, procedures, and criteria for area of responsibility.
- Ability to operate and functionally use a computer.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Customer service oriented.
- Ability to meet schedules and deadlines, to concentrate and pay attention to detail.
- Ability to provide meticulous attention to detail and accuracy.
- Must be able to handle sensitive related and proprietary information in a confidential manner.
- Must maintain professional competence, ethical integrity, knowledge, and skills.
- Performs such individual assignments as management may direct.