Advanced Practice Provider - Gastro-Endo - The Woodlands
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center is ranked the nation's top hospital for cancer care by U.S. News & World Report's “Best Hospitals.“ MD Anderson's mission is to eliminate cancer in Texas, the nation and the world through exceptional programs that integrate patient care, research and prevention.
Oncology nursing excellence is a central pillar in MD Anderson's worldwide reputation for cancer care. As a Magnet Recognized hospital, we provide our patients with excellent oncology nursing care. Our values are caring, integrity, discovery, safety and stewardship.
The primary purpose of the Advanced Practice Provider (APP) position is to positively affect patient outcomes by providing, coordinating, and supporting evidence based direct patient care across the continuum of care. The highest quality of patient care and the appropriate use of resources is achieved in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team.
Outpatient Activities (Primary)
- Engage in in-person and telemedicine patient visits.
- Patient volume will consist mostly of cancer prevention patients.
- Performs comprehensive screening to meet HALs criteria.
- Performs comprehensive medical exams and consents patients for relevant procedures.
- Orders and reviews labs, writes appropriate prescriptions, and other ancillary tests required for patient optimization.
- Assists with pre-assessment, post-assessment, and discharge of procedural patients.
- Works autonomously and collaborates with other members of healthcare team.
- Travels to West Houston and Woodlands location for patient care needs as needed.
- Coordinates the flow of ambulatory procedure cases throughout the Houston Area Locations.
- Instructs and counsels patients in preparation for specific procedures.
- Conducts telephone assessments prior to patients undergoing procedures.
- Possibly assisting in procedures as deemed necessary.
- Serves as liaison between all stakeholders, including endoscopy staff and faculty at West Houston and Woodlands locations, and TMC when applicable.
- Assists with the management of quality and safety events related to procedures performed in the center.
- Assists with administrative duties as deemed necessary.
- Actively participates in patient education and performance improvement projects.
Required: Degree requirements as defined by the Texas Board of Nursing (BON) or Texas State Board of Physician Assistant Examiners (TSBPAE) as required for clinical licensure as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse or Physician Assistant.
Preferred: At least 1 year of experience in Advanced Practice Provider role.
LICENSURE / CERTIFICATION
Written authorization from the Texas Board of Nursing (BON) or Texas State Board of Physician Assistant Examiners (TSBPAE) to function as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse or Physician Assistant. Related authorization must be consistent with clinical practice area and patient population.
Basic Life Support (BLS) or Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification.
MAY BE REQUIRED: Eligible to be granted limited prescriptive authority by the State of Texas.
American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS), ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) or PALS (Pediatric Advanced Life Support) certification as required by patient care area.
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html
- Requisition ID: 144736
- Employment Status: Full-Time
- Employee Status: Regular
- FLSA: exempt and not eligible for overtime pay
- Work Week: Days
- Fund Type: Hard
- Remote Work: Onsite
- Pivotal Position: No
- Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 100,000
- Midpoint Salary: US Dollar (USD) 125,000
- Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 150,000
- Science Jobs: No