Set strategic vision, develop strategy, policy and continuous process improvements for the Procurement and Logistic functions across North America. Partner with cross functional teams to formulate and make recommendations to meet the organization's needs for quality improvement and cost reduction of both existing and new products and processes.
Maintain the organization's balance between objectives for cost control and the need to maintain high quality standards. Direct and coordinate activities of personnel engaged in Procurement and Logistics. Is expected to coach and develop staff to meet employee goals and departmental expectations. Direct their team in negotiation of annual contracts for all purchases and take personal leadership on major contracts. Ensures Ranpak is setting and vendors are complying with specifications that predict conformance with customer requirements. For avoidance of doubt, the Supply Chain Manager has personal responsibility and ownership of ensuring the cost, quality and availability of paper for North American operations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Design and implement set of quality policies and practices that are adapted by the company to help ensure successful completion of objectives.
- Improve paper sourcing strategy and execution including documentation of agreements.
- Structure team and processes to minimize emergencies and quickly resolve those that occur.
- Ensure employees are utilizing the ERP system to its fullest functionality and taking advantage of the system functionality.
- Develop organizational strength and succession planning in your responsible departments.
- Lead cross-functional project teams & collaborate with all functions and all levels of the organization, customers and suppliers.
- Deliver short-term and-long term results in order to develop and maintain the organization's credibility with the business.
- Build opportunities for the function to add greater value to the business.
- Develop vendor management system.
- Develop vendor qualification system with cross functional team including the delivery of appropriate consequences both positive and negative.
- Source and develop domestic and offshore suppliers of paper, parts and equipment.
- Develop and follow quarterly review of vendor performance including scorecard.
- Collaborate with cross functional departments on cost reduction strategy.
- Develop and enhance domestic supplier base.
- Analyze and develop processes to improve procurement..
- Master scheduling and forecasting.
- Planning and procurement functions within the ERP system.
- Negotiate with suppliers.
- Develop, implement, report on key department metrics.
- Capital Budgeting.
- Project management.
- Support other business areas as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- BS in Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain, Operations or related field
- Master's degree preferred
- 10 years of experience in supply chain related field; 5 of those being in a management role
- Proven ability to work and lead a cross functional team
- Proven ability to set and drive the departmental strategy
- Proficiency in computers including Mainframe materials planning, Excel, Word, Email, etc
- Proficiency with ERP systems
- APICS, NAPIM, 6 Sigma (“Black Belt“), LEAN or other related certifications a plus
- Kraft paper knowledge a plus