Material Handler I Packaging
Req Number: 4203
To support packaging personnel with materials to complete the packaging process and move finished goods to locations within the warehouse.
- Communicate with packers and other material handlers to plan their upcoming material needs for the day.
- Execute material changeovers on select machines frequently throughout the shift.
- Understand the function of a line sheet and BOM thoroughly.
- Stack finished goods cases onto pallets following required pallet patterns.
- Make simple mechanical adjustments or repairs, such as realigning belts, rethreading machine or replacing rollers.
- Clean work area, machines and equipment in order to aid the packer operators.
- Accurately complete all required quality checks and paperwork.
- Perform master sanitation tasks as assigned by their Group Leader/Supervisor.
- Perform additional duties directed from the Group Leader/Supervisor.
- High School or GED.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Good math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division).
- Good reading and writing skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Forklift/ Motorized Pallet Jack certification or ability to become certified.
- Stable work history.
- Favorable work reference and background check.
- Ability to work without constant supervision
- Ability to walk/stand for 85% of the shift assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Vets / Disabled
Pay rate - $16.50 – hourly