Blend Tech I
Req Number: 4238
We are currently seeking a Blend Tech I to support the liquid department personnel and to complete the liquid and finishing process. This position reports to the Production Supervisor. The backup for this position is the Blend Tech II
- Maintains lot traceability and documentation.
- Verifies product tags to ensure that the correct item is selected to be processed.
- Ensures that the correct number of gallons is drained out during the steeping process.
- Ensures that the coffee or tea is brewed at the correct temperature and allowed to steep for the correct amount of time.
- Pours coffee or tea into the processors, adding the correct amount of acid and ingredients as necessary.
- Records the PH level of the coffee or tea inside the processors, receiving the supervisor's assistance if the PH is not in range.
- Ensures processor reaches the appropriate temperature.
- Maintains charts of liquids processed, ensuring the time and temperature is recorded correctly.
- Verifies charts at the end of the shift, making sure that the peak temperature recordings are correct.
- Follows brew sheet into the lab and utilizes the BRIX reader.
- Takes liquid samples and prepares them to be taste tasted.
- Conducts taste tests of liquid products.
- Weighs all jugs in the Liquid Processing Department.
- Conducts clean in place (CIP) procedures at the end of the day, using chemicals to wash, rinse, and sanitize the liquid processors.
- Completes other duties as assigned by management
12 Hour Night
- High School or GED
- 1-2 years blending experience
- 1-2 years chemical experience (familiarity with chlorine, citric and lactic acid, etc.)
- Knowledge of weights, measures, scales and calibration
- Must be forklift and pallet jack certified
- Ability to walk/stand for the entire shift
- Ability to work overtime when necessary
- Equal Opportunity Employer / Vets / Disabled
pay rate - $19.00 per hour