Director – Vocational Nursing Program
Unitek College is seeking to hire a Director of Nursing for our Vocational Nursing program. Unitek offers college level diploma programs in Vocational Nursing as well as other health care programs such as Dental Assisting, Medical Assisting, and Medical Office Administration at our beautiful Concord campus. The Program Director will and will report to the corporate Assistant Dean for Nursing and the Concord Campus Director.
Key job responsibilities include:
· Manage the vocational nursing program to achieve or exceed key benchmarks for student outcomes in retention, graduation, student satisfaction, NCLEX pass rate, and graduate job placement.
· Supervise approximately 20 faculty including an Assistant Director, an Administrative Assistant, and several Lead Instructors.
· Interview and hire new nursing faculty and ensure all assignments are staffed.
· Train and mentor nursing faculty to improve their teaching and classroom management skills.
· Enforce compliance with state and federal regulations, national accreditation standards, and Unitek specific policies including the student catalog and Code of Conduct.
· Respond to student complaints and participate in Appeals Committees as needed.
· Periodically visit clinical sites to ensure learning objectives are being met.
· Conduct regular faculty observations.
· Ensure all lab supplies and repairs are ordered on time.
· Attend Pinning and Graduation ceremonies.
· Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate MUST have:
· BSN degree required; advanced degree preferred.
· At least 5 years of experience working as an RN.
· Teaching and/or academic administration experience a big plus.
· Demonstrated leadership skills including setting expectations and managing for performance.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Passion for the value of education.
· Empathy and kindness for all students.
· Patience and flexibility to adapt to changes.
· Energy and organizational skills for multi-tasking.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
This a key management position running the largest academic program on campus.
Please submit resume, cover letter, and salary requirements