Gateway Learning Group is a leader in providing behavior therapy for children with autism. Every day, Gateway advances lives through compassionate, evidence-based treatment. Since being founded in 2005, Gateway has expanded from its San Francisco base to serve families across California. Come join the Gateway team and become part of a growing organization with a dynamic culture and a passion for making a difference.
We are currently seeking fun-loving, creative, self-motivated team members to serve families living in the East Bay. In order to promote your success as a Behavior Technician at Gateway, you will work under the supervision of a Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA), and will be paired with a dedicated mentor from day one. With that support as your foundation, you will be prepared to work with children of all ages within their home, school and community settings.
Part-time positions available in the Antioch/Discovery Bay area.
Provide 1:1 instruction to children with unique learning needs using tactics from the field of ABA.
- Teach individuals with special needs new skills, such as communication, imitation, motor, pre-academic, and self-regulation, through fun and motivating lessons.
- Travel to client's home, school, or community location to provide services.
- Company iPad provided for onsite data collection.
Attend trainings, staff meetings, team meetings, and other meetings as requested.
- A passion for working with children and individuals with special needs.
- You must be energetic, creative, animated, reliable, and be willing to have fun!!!
- Part-time applicants must be available a minimum of 10 hours/week within the 2-7 pm time frame.
- Reliable transportation with proof of valid CA driver’s license, auto registration and insurance.
- Willingness to drive within a 35-mile radius from your home to Gateway clients.
- Willingness to complete company paid RBT (Registered Behavior Technician) training and sit for exam within 90 days of employment. To learn more about this process, please visit http://bacb.com/rbt/
- High School diploma required; 2+ years college experience preferred. Ideal candidate has taken coursework in education, psychology, or related field.
- You must have outstanding relationship building and communication skills.
- Must pass DOJ & FBI background check and TB test.
- Comprehensive training in ABA (40 hr initial RBT training) along with in-field observations, coaching, and ongoing monthly trainings.
- Weekly supervision and feedback by a BCBA.
- Excellent opportunities for professional growth and competitive pay.
- BCBA supervision hours provided, along with reimbursement towards BCBA graduate coursework.
- Mileage reimbursement and paid drive time.
- Paid time off (PTO) and 401k benefits.
- Medical, vision, dental and life insurance benefits for full-time staff.
At Gateway, we believe that living a healthy, balanced life is essential to teaching positive behavior in others.
To learn more about the impact that you can have on children's lives, please visit our website: www.gatewaylg.com