Construction Control Representative

Department of the Army Concord, CA
* Duties

Help Duties Summary

About the Position: This position is located with the US ARMY CORPS OF ENGINEERS, SACRAMENTO DISTRICT, CONSTRUCTION-OPERATIONS DIVISION, CONSTRUCTION BRANCH. Duty Location is Concord, California.

Learn more about this agency


* Incumbent will be the senior construction representative, responsible for assigned function of surveillance of contract operations of civil, military and Hazardous, Toxic and Radioactive Waste (HTRW) construction projects located within the assigned area.

* Serves as the local expert in the field of construction safety and quality assurance.

* Inspects all job sites regularly for compliance with applicable regulations.

* Reviews plans and specifications for proposed projects to determine practicability from a construction viewpoint and whether physical obstruction or other construction difficulties have been anticipated.

* Participates in pre-construction conferences to discuss principle construction features and requirements, in terms of methods and equipment operations.

* Performs as a quality assurance representative on projects which may include HTRW. Activities are performed at known or suspected HTRW sites and require oversight of contractor mitigation activities.

* Provides expertise and guidance concerning safety and quality assurance to all sections and personnel under the purview of the area office.

Travel Required

Occasional travel - Business Travel or TDY (Temporary Duty Travel) is approximately 10-15% (for site visits and training).

Supervisory status


Promotion Potential


* Job family (Series)

0809 Construction Control Technical

* Requirements

Help Requirements Conditions of Employment

* Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.

* Requires possession of or ability to acquire a valid state driver's license.


Who May Apply: US Citizens

In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.

Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience which includes leading and/or participating in teams involved in the daily operations of construction projects; performing oversight and inspection of construction operations; conducting inspections of construction sites; ensuring proper quality and quantity of material and equipment, workmanship, and adequacy of contractor's methods, procedures and/or operations. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-11).

Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone--no substitution of education for experience is permitted.

You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:

* Building and Construction

* Communications

* Contract Management/Support

* Project Planning, Design, and Construction

* Quality Assurance

* Safety and Environmental Compliance


FOREIGN EDUCATION: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit:

Similar jobs you might like