Office Administrator - Compton, CA
Goodyear. More Driven.
IMMEDIATELY HIRING!!! – APPLY TODAY!!!
We are a service and retreading market leader with over 200 Commercial Tire Centers and Truck Care Centers located across the United States. We have the unique ability to service the largest nationwide commercial fleets while also providing friendly hometown service to regional and local fleets. Our mission statement is 'SERVICE EXCELLENCE – ALWAYS'. Goodyear Commercial Tire & Service Centers (CTSC) are owned by Goodyear — which makes them uniquely qualified to offer you trusted tires, reliable services and powerful management tools to help you lower your operating costs. It's all part of Goodyear's Total Solution for commercial and off-the-road fleets.
As an Office Administrator in the Field, you will perform all administrative duties for a Goodyear Commercial Tire Center. We encourage you to allow us to invest in your success as you invest in ours; apply today!
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Billing, credit and collection.
- Handling location purchase orders.
- Ensuring inventory is secured, stored and only accessible to the associates in accordance with company guidelines.
- Maintaining work flow and organization to ensure maximum productivity.
- Filing and other administrative duties.
- Reviewing daily sales reports for any significant changes in gross profits, inventories and potential bad debt losses.
- Maintaining control of all Center assets and inventory.
- Providing “Service Excellence - Always“ to meet the service goals of the location and of customers.
- Customer interaction through phone calls.
- Opening and closing work orders.
- Quoting tire prices, including trade-ins, accurately.
- Perform a variety of manual tasks for extended periods of time, which may include light lifting, standing, bending, and squatting
- Must be familiar with general financial and management concepts including cash management, credit & collections, billing & receiving functions, inventory management, accounts payable.
- Must be familiar with computers, including Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) and related programs.
- Valid driver's license.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- No relocation is being offered for this position.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- High School Diploma or GED
- At least one year of previous administrative experience in a customer service environment.
- Strong oral and written communication ability.
- Commitment to follow all safety procedures and work in a safe manner.
- Must be able to work in a results-oriented, fast-paced environment as part of a team.
- Must be a self-starter and willing to take initiative, able and willing to work without direct supervision, and be willing to attend appropriate training sessions.
Goodyear is one of the world’s largest tire companies. It employs about 62,000 people and manufactures its products in 46 facilities in 21 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centres in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear and its products, go to www.goodyear.com/corporate.
Goodyear is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to that individual's race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please call (312) 915-5548
Click here for more information about Equal Employment Opportunity laws, and here for additional supplementary information.