Colorado Rapids Street Team
Job Title: Colorado Rapids Street Team
Department: Community Relations
Business Unit: Rapids
Location: Commerce City, CO
Reports To: Senior Director, Community Relations & Youth Programs
Employment Type: Variable Hour/Hourly/Non-Exempt
Supervisor Position: No
Kroenke Sports & Entertainment (KSE) is an American Sports and Entertainment holding company based in Denver, Colorado. KSE is committed to providing world class sports and entertainment for both live and broadcast audiences. We are the employer of choice as the owner and operator of Ball Arena, DICK’S Sporting Goods Park, the Paramount Theatre, 1STBANK Center, Denver Nuggets (NBA), the Colorado Avalanche (NHL), Colorado Mammoth (NLL), Colorado Rapids (MLS), Altitude Sports & Entertainment, Major League Fishing/Fishing League Worldwide (MLFLW), Winnercomm, Outdoor Sportsman Group and SkyCam.
Nature of Work:
The Colorado Rapids Street Team is a unique fleet of charismatic, knowledgeable, entrepreneurial and dynamic brand ambassadors that represent the Colorado Rapids organization at all home games and various grassroots marketing events throughout the Denver metro area each season. Street Team engages with the local community and fans to drive brand awareness and provide updated information about upcoming games and other Rapids’ happenings. We are seeking members who will use their personality and skills to enhance the Rapids’ game experience! Under general direction and supervision, this position is responsible for handling, preparing, and implementing all elements of the overall game experience. This position is part time and on call, and will require late nights, weekends, and open availability for a majority of the Colorado Rapids home games and events. Essentially, Street Team is the face of the Colorado Rapids Soccer Club.
Examples of work performed:
- Represents the Colorado Rapids, Dick’s Sporting Goods Park, and their respective partners and sponsors as the brand ambassadors at events in the community year-round.
- Responsible for many game day servicing duties including enthusiastically greeting clients as they enter DICK’S Sporting Goods Park, assisting match presentation with various elements of activation, and assisting the marketing department in pre-game and halftime activities and experiential promotions.
- Serve as first impression to the Rapids brand and execute grassroots marketing promotions throughout the Denver area such as youth soccer tournaments, community events, festivals, parades, concerts, away game viewing parties, etc.
- Assist with all club events such as Season Kickoff Party, Media Cup, Meet the Team Party and A Burgundy Affair.
- Responsible for club’s lead capture efforts including collection, distribution, and database maintenance.
- Set-up, take-down and transport the various elements of the Colorado Rapids Soccer mobile tour (vehicles, inflatables, prize wheel, tables, etc.) at events.
- Assists with mascot duties at Rapids home games and other Street Team events.
- Update availability weekly
This description is a summary only and is describing the general level of work being performed, it is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties of this position may change from time to time and/or based on business needs. We reserve the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the supervisor and/or hiring authority.
Working Conditions & Physical Demands:
- Typical Office Conditions
- Lift up to 25 lbs. daily
- Work in extreme weather conditions
- Must be able to stand and remain mobile for extended periods
- Must be able to perform activities with confidence and manage crowds
The incumbent will spend the majority of their time at Dick’s Sporting Goods park for Colorado Rapids games and on occasion, external Rapids events. They will be encouraged to attend Rapids’ Games at DSGP, as well as other related events that may take place on weekends and/or holidays.
Competencies/Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Charismatic and outgoing personality
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to multi-task and address problems in a high-stress, fast-paced live event/production environment
- Required team-oriented individuals who work well under pressure, have a positive attitude, are self-starters, and carry themselves with a high level of pride and professionalism.
- Interest in special events, promotions and entertainment
- Ability to work well with others including Show Caller, other stage managers, Game Experience staff, camera operators, hosts, VIPs and more
- Available for 1-2 events a week
- Must be able to attend all Colorado Rapids home games
- Fundamental knowledge of the Colorado Rapids, Major League Soccer, global soccer, and the local Colorado community preferred
- Experience with event production/promotions/game presentation is a plus
- Local market knowledge is a plus
- Flexible schedule – must be able to work unusual hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Bilingual candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
- Base hourly rate $17.29 per hour
All applicants for employment at KSE may be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to commencing employment. Applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to produce proof of vaccination status prior to their first day of employment. Applicants with qualifying disabilities or bona fide religious objections, or who are pregnant, may be exempted from this requirement or otherwise accommodated if they are unable to be vaccinated.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kroenke Sports & Entertainment (KSE) provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.