Windstream Holdings, Inc., is a leading provider of advance network communications and technology solutions for consumers, small businesses, enterprise organizations and carrier partners across the U.S.
Windstream is considered an essential business and we areHIRING NOW. As our company responds to COVID-19, the safety and wellbeing of our employees, customers, partners and communities is our top priority.
About the Role:
Windstream’s teamofField Install andService Technicians are vital team members who represent our leading telecommunications brand that connects homeowners, small business, enterprise and carrier partners across the United States. Our team ofField Install andService Technicians care about technology and connecting customers to products they value. By providing technical expertise and customer support, ourField Install andService Technicians create meaningful connections with customers that create long-term relationships.
What You’ll Do:
- No Experience needed - Windstream’s training program will teach you how to install and repair residential and business communications services including telephone, internet, and video.
- Learn to work with tools and test equipment to provide service of multiple different technologies and network designs.
- Recommend products and services to resolve the communications needs of customers.
- Work in both buried and aerial plant requiring pole climbing and ladder skills.
- Safely operate and maintain clean and organized company service vehicle.
- Work in both inside and outside environments.
- Complete necessary safety training and follow safety standards and regulations.
- You will report to the Manager of Local Operations
Do You Have?
- Basic technology and math skills
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record
- Ability to distinguish colors in use of color-coded cable.
- Ability to use equipment with maximum load capacity of 275lbs.
- Ability tolift 50lbs and capable of working aloft.
- Ability to successfully complete required safety training.
- Ability to work assigned schedules and extended hours including day, evening, weekend, and holiday hours.
- Ability to respond to after hourcallouts.
- High School Degree or GED equivalent
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance Plans
- Identify Theft, Legal, Auto & Home and Pet Insurance
- 401K Plan
- Health & Flexible Savings Account
- Life and AD&D, Spousal Life, Child Life Insurance Plans
- Educational Assistance Plan