If you're passionate about becoming a Nationwide associate and believe you have the potential to be something great, let's talk.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for directing and leading the development and implementation of the marketing strategy, including segmentation and value proposition for Pet Insurance, Corporate Development, and Staff Functions in alignment with the broader Nationwide marketing strategy. Accountable for in-market execution and results, the leader will collaborate cross-functionally to deliver integrated marketing plans and programs through compelling creative and content. This position will lead marketing plans, campaigns, and data-driven journeys to drive revenue, and profit. Partners with internal clients and centers of excellence to help close gaps, identify customer insights that can be translated into new products, services, and distribution solutions that enhance the company's competitive position.
Reporting Relationships: Reports to EVP, Chief Marketing Officer. Manages a team of 8 associates directly, and an additional 23 indirectly.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Strategic Business and Marketing Leadership: Development of the overall marketing strategy for the Pet, Corporate Development, and Staff Functions in regard to whom, what, and how to compete in the market and develop profitable lines of businesses.
- Strategic Leadership: Includes leadership of the marketing efforts to support Pet, Corporate Development, and Staff Functions. Leads all aspects of the development of strategy and direction for assigned businesses. Leads key initiatives to address business strategy and profitability objectives. Ensures that initiatives and plans are consistent with longer-term vision and direction.
- Thought Leadership: Establishes thought leadership opportunities for greater visibility in agency facing platforms that will accelerate the product offerings. Conduct market research and competitive intelligence accountability. Understands and initiates competitive and consumer research that enables a view of how to use marketing to advanc.
- Build and Launch of Marketing Plans: Establishes marketing plans, data-driven journeys and campaigns and builds Nationwide brand in select markets to deliver incremental growth. Builds and deploys a distribution marketing platform including strategy development, campaign design, deployment, and evaluation. Develops acquisition and retention strategies for each support area. Provides data-driven marketing approach to each segment. Develops disruptive and competitively differentiating programs. Leverages insights and analytics to support product development and distribution strategies where appropriate and to drive lower marketing cost / acquisition.
- Deliver Results: Drives profitable sales, delivering agreed upon strategies and plans with excellence in execution. Leverages market research and uses data to instill a focused decision-making approach.
- Financial Management: Oversees financial management, project/resources budgeting and resource planning processes for the business/staff unit as input to the efficiency of the broader marketing organization. Provides executive level reporting and analysis. Partners with Marketing Operations on planning, data, technology, and process needs.
- Executive Engagement: Develops talent, process definition and improvement and increased marketing role and visibility and relationships across the enterprise. Increases the marketing involvement and partnership with product development and sales. Leads, manages, coaches, and directs team with high levels of engagement. Gains and maintains awareness, sponsorships and dedication for innovative growth initiatives. Develops and implements standard methodologies and corporate capabilities to partner, resulting in successful strategic relationships.
- Product Launch and Delivery: Consults with strategy, product, pricing, and sales to influence in order to integrate marketing views and perspectives. Ensures product deliverables are inherit in the overall plan including training, providing information on competitive positioning, pricing, and campaign activation.
Performs other responsibilities as assigned.
Typical Skills and Experiences
Education: Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business, or related field, MBA preferred.
Experience: 10 - 15 years of marketing experience, preferably in market driven organizations. Experience leading large marketing organizations including talent management, process definition and improvement.
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills: Demonstrates ability to translate business into marketing solutions. Proven success working in a highly matrixed organization with the ability to work effectively and collaboratively across various work groups. Effectively leads organizations in an environment of change and ambiguity while maintaining a highly engaged workforce.
Strong leadership capabilities demonstrated success in strategic planning and problem solving. Excellent relationship building skills and ability to build and maintain a high level of trust and confidence. Ability to demonstrate high impact communications and effectively influence peer business partners and senior leaders.
Other criteria, including leadership skills, competencies and experiences may take precedence.
Staffing exceptions to the above must be approved by the hiring manager's leader and HR Business Partner.
Values: Regularly and consistently demonstrates the Nationwide Values and Guiding Behaviors.
Overtime Eligibility: Exempt (Not Eligible)
Working Conditions: Normal office environment. Some Travel may be required.