HOW WE'RE MAINTAINING A SAFE WORK ENVIRONMENT
These are some of the ways we're maintaining a safe work environment at Simpson Strong-Tie.
- Sanitizing: Increased cleaning and disinfecting of facilities
- Temperature Testing: Regular temperature testing
- Hand Sanitizer and Wipes: Providing hand sanitizer and wipes throughout our facilities
- Face Coverings: Providing face coverings for employees
- Social Distancing: Maintaining 6 feet of distance
- Limited Guests and Vendors: Limiting guests and vendors to those who are essential only
- Extended Sick Pay: Encouraging employees to stay home when sick
- Travel: Banning the use of public transportation for business purposes, when possible
BE A MAKER
At Simpson Strong-Tie, there's a common thread connecting the people who work here: the drive to make things better and figure out how to get it done. We call it the Maker mindset. For over 60 years, our employees have fostered a collaborative workplace where people are engaged in creative thinking from the first day on the job onward. No matter what role you're in — from production, to sales, to engineering — you'll contribute to the growth and success of the company by having a Maker mindset.
When you think of the best a family has to offer — support, collaboration and respect — that's what we value. When there's a win, we'll cheer you on. When there's a snag, coworkers step in to help you out. Working on solutions together is just the way we do things here, and that creates an atmosphere that often feels like home.
You'll work alongside talented, passionate, dedicated, humble and genuinely kind people who are all contributing to our shared mission: to provide solutions that help people design and build safer, stronger structures. It's this mission and our strong people-focused values that have made Simpson Strong-Tie a unique place to work — a place where you can connect, create and build your career. We invite you to learn more about our culture and why our employees are our most loyal customers.
This position is eligible for a $500 hiring bonus. Apply today!
You want to be an important member of a strong team of other makers who take pride in their work and support each other. As a Press Operator, you will be responsible for operating a progressive stamping press in such a manner as to achieve safety, quality, efficiency, lean and production goals. We have openings on 2nd shift (Monday - Thursday from 4:30PM – 3:00AM, with some OT as needed). That's year one.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING (% of Time)
Operate any and all presses as needed to support department and company goals. Use air or electric powered hand tools and make adjustments to equipment as necessary. (80%)
Communicate with department leadership regarding issues and improvements. Assist other personnel with press set-ups and changeovers. (10%)
Perform quality inspections to drawings and specifications per procedures and maintain a clean work environment. (5%)
Count, package and palletize finished product in accordance with work orders. Material handling of cartons, labels, coils of steel, pallets and packaging tape. (5%)
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
If you can do everything listed above, you've got what it takes. Perhaps some of the following would be helpful too:
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required.
- 1 year related experience and / or training; or equivalent combination of education and training.
- Safety: Able to consistently prioritize safety by demonstrating safe work practices and by promoting a safe work environment. Able to safely operate manual pallet jack.
- Accountability & Dependability: Able to consistently demonstrate reliable, punctual attendance. Able to work (4) 10 hour days 4:30 PM – 3:00 AM.
- Mathematical Reasoning: Able to apply basic Algebra and Geometry concepts. Able to add, subtracts, multiply, and divide whole numbers, fractions, and decimal equivalents.
- Reading Comprehension: Able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Analysis/Reasoning: Able to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Communication: Able to communicate one-on-one and in small group settings
- Measurements: Able to read a tape measure to 1/32“ tolerance, to use combination squares to measure angles to +/- 1 degree and ability to use and read a micrometer
WORK STATUS & LOCATION
This full-time, non-exempt position is located in Columbus, OH.
Relocation is not available for this position.
In keeping with the Company's commitment to the communities in which it does business, we are an equal opportunity employer. This means that to the fullest extent required by local law, employment decisions are based on merit and business needs and not on race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender (which state law may define to include gender identity/expression, transgender identity, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, and gender stereotyping), sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, covered marital status, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Please note all job offers are contingent upon a successful background investigation and drug test.
#NowHiring #GetHired #Hiring #HiringNow