Staff RN - Ped & Adolescent Gynecology
Contingent role, 16 hours per month minimum. Typical hours are 7:45 am to 4:30 pm.
Minimum pay of $32.00/hr + with compensation based on experience.
Gynecology and/or Ambulatory experience preferred.
Will be required to travel to Dublin, Westerville, Canal Winchester offsites.
Registered Nurse will learn to assist in clinic with procedures and also learn phone triage responsibilities.
Assists patients to move rapidly, uneventfully, and as effectively as possible through their episode of care while maintaining quality and safety as a priority. Delegates, directs, oversees and provides developmentally appropriate patient care. Practices professional nursing and promotes patient advocacy in accordance with the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses and maintains a current Ohio Nursing License.
Why Nationwide Children's Hospital?
The moment you walk through our doors, you feel it. When you meet our patient families, you believe it. And when you talk with anyone who works here, you want to be part of it. Welcome to Nationwide Children’s Hospital, Where Passion Meets Purpose.
Here, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion are integrated into our core values and practices. We are passionate about building, sustaining and evolving an inclusive and equitable environment. We are seeking individuals who live these values and want to share their experiences and efforts in support of our collective mission.
We’re 14,000 strong. And it takes every one of us to improve the lives of the kids we care for, and the kids around the world we’ll never meet. Kids who live healthier, fuller lives because of the knowledge we share. We know it takes a Collaborative Culture to deliver on our promise to provide the very best, innovative care and to foster new discoveries, made possible by the most groundbreaking research. Anywhere.
Ask anyone with a Nationwide Children’s badge what they do for a living. They’ll tell you it’s More Than a Job. It’s a calling. It’s a chance to use and grow your talent to make an impact that truly matters. Because here, we exist simply to help children everywhere.
Nationwide Children’s Hospital. A Place to Be Proud.
- Provides nursing care using a Family Centered approach.
- Assesses individualized patient needs.
- Communicates patient care needs and priorities to assigned Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs), Patient Care Assistants (PCAs), Unit Coordinators, and Allied Health personnel.
- Plans, implements, educates and evaluates care using Evidence-Based Practices.
- Utilizes Therapeutic Communication while monitoring the physical, psychological, and social needs of patients and families.
- Engages in the workplace community by staying aware of changes, participating in data collection or auditing, understanding Quality Improvement, and representing staff at relevant meetings and then reporting important information and updates back to staff.
- Documents according to organizational standards, policies, and procedures.
Note: Regular, reliable and consistent attendance is an essential job function. Employees are expected to perform work as scheduled. Please see the physical requirements for this position listed below.
KNOWLEDGE , SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
1. Licensure: Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Ohio.
2. Current CPR certification. Must be willing to obtain and maintain NRP and PALS certification as determined by your manager.
3. BSN; Associate degree with commitment to obtain BSN within 5 years of hire.
MINIMUM PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS Typing on computer Constantly (67-100%) Using phone Frequently (34-66%) Sitting Frequently (34-66%) Standing Occasionally (0-33%) Lifting Occasionally (0-33%) Walking Frequently (34-66%)Must be able to independently lift up to 35 lbs. Must be able to move or reposition patients of any weight or size with the assistance of another person(s) and/or equipment.The above list of duties is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties performed by the individual so classified, nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision.
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!Click here to get started.