Sr Software Developer - OMS
Grounded in versatility and powered by a styling community, Express is a modern, multichannel apparel and accessories brand whose purpose is to Create Confidence & Inspire Self-Expression. Launched in 1980 with the idea that style, quality and value should all be found in one place, Express has been a part of some of the most important and culture-defining fashion trends. The Express Edit design philosophy ensures that the brand is always ‘of the now’ so people can get dressed for every day and any occasion knowing that Express can help them look the way they want to look and feel the way they want to feel.
The Company operates over 500 retail and outlet stores in the United States and Puerto Rico, the express.com online store and the Express mobile app. Express, Inc. is comprised of the brands Express and UpWest, and is traded on the NYSE under the symbol EXPR. For more information, please visit www.express.com.
The Senior Software Developer- OMS is a full-time permanent position with comprehensive benefits and a competitive salary. This position is responsible for deliverables in all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) starting with scope definition and continuing through implementation and support. This key role is responsible for installation, configuration, engineering and management of complex application environments that may include multiple operating system platforms, languages, and network topologies.
This individual contributor will work with other IT developers, business users, IT infrastructure team members and external vendors (including our Systems Integration partner) to ensure that all deliverables are implemented on time and satisfy all of the business requirements.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Applications, Computer Information Systems, Engineering or an equivalent combination of course work and job experience
- Years of Experience: 5-7 years of experience with an enterprise order management system
- Responsible for being a technical subject matter expert on the enterprise order management system
- Must have implementation, design and customization experience with an enterprise order management system
- 5+ years Java development experience in a complex IT environment
- 5+ years of Oracle DB with strong SQL experience
- 5+ years of SOAP and RESTful web services development and/or support
- Good familiarity with various languages, databases, operating systems, scripting languages, and utilities
- Participates in full lifecycle projects to understand business requirements and then complete the design, development, testing, implementation and post production support.
- Possess an excellent knowledge of software development (e.g. program design, flowcharting, coding, testing, debugging, etc.).
- Participates in discussions concerning innovative, cost effective ways to implement new technologies to lead in the evaluation of new products, platforms, and technologies leveraging best practices based on industry standards and lessons learned while taking innovative
- Translate functional specifications into technical specifications to provide low level details for development lifecycle.
- Attends meetings that identify functional specifications for modifications, interfaces, reports and screens to ensure solid design that meets business requirements.
- Participates in, system walk-throughs of technical and operational features, functions and attributes of a new or existing software package.
- Provides input on associate evaluations.
- Perform administrative functions relation to project activities; project plans, technical specification development, status reports, issue reporting, etc.
- Ability to determine feasibility of business requests, estimate timelines and resources needed, and assist project manager with project planning.
- Participate in 24/7 on-call support activities
- Must be very proficient in Order Management and OMNI functions
- Experience with Manhattan Enterprise Order Management (EOM) is preferred
- Experience with Manhattan Integration Framework / Webmethods is preferred
- Experience with cloud and micro-services technology is preferred
- Must have solid Oracle SQL skills.
- Must have solid implementation and Upgrade experience.
- Must have great trouble shooting skills
- Must have excellent Analysis and Design skills
As an equal opportunity employer, Express does not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment on the basis of any federal, state, or locally protected class. Express only hires individuals authorized for employment in the United States.
Notification to Agencies: Please note that Express does not accept unsolicited resumes or calls from third-party recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Master Service Agreement and approval from HR to submit resumes for a specific requisition, Express will not consider or approve payment to any third-parties for hires made.
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!Click here to get started!