CAS uses intuitive technology, unparalleled scientific content and unmatched human expertise to help companies create groundbreaking innovations that benefit the world. As the scientific information solutions division of the American Chemical Society, CAS manages the largest curated reservoir of scientific knowledge, and for 111 years, has helped innovators mine, assess and apply that information to keep businesses thriving. The CAS team is global, diverse, endlessly curious and strives to make scientific insights accessible to innovators worldwide.
CAS is currently seeking a Solutions Marketing Manager. This position will be located in our Columbus, OH headquarters.
As a Solutions Marketing Manager at CAS, you will be responsible for the external positioning of CAS products, services and use cases within the campaign teams. You must be able to interface effectively and establish quick credibility and confidence with: Sales, Product Development, and Customer Support. This requires an extremely talented and flexible individual with strong organizational teaming capabilities, presentation skills and adept business knowledge. Additionally, you will assist in crafting the positioning and supporting content for our solutions. Attention to detail and an eye for quality, along with the ability to grasp and translate technical capabilities into business benefits are crucial. You will be the expert in our buyers and transfer that knowledge to the Sales team and across the organization.
- Utilize market research, customer and prospect feedback, web analytics data, and industry trends to position CAS solutions within multiple campaign frameworks
- Work closely with Product Managers, IT developers, UX designers, and cross-functional business teams to successfully drive, execute and deliver on initiatives
- Communicate and coordinate with key stakeholders across marketing to share priorities, roadmap, and key learnings
- Define success criteria & metrics of new products & perform post-implementation analysis and ongoing optimization
- Be a subject matter expert of assigned product lines
- Assist in the development of external messaging for current and prospective customers, integrating knowledge of industry and market needs
- Assist in marketing programs that drive demand for CAS Solutions for both existing customers and new prospects
- Must have a BA/BS degree in related field or equivalent combination of education, certifications, and experience in areas of related disciplines.
- MBA or advanced degree preferred or equivalent combination of education, certifications and experience in related field.
- Minimum 5+ years' experience of product marketing experience with at least one year of experience supporting and enabling Sales.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to understand technology trends, customer needs, and competitive activities, and bring actionable insights to partner with Technology to develop a compelling future.
- Exceptional collaboration skills to drive multi-faceted product management and marketing outcomes.
- Proven ability to move others across organizational boundaries to a desired business outcome.
- Superb verbal, written and interpersonal communications with proven ability to work collaboratively across multiple departments and third parties
- Strong analytical and structured problem-solving skills.
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with staff, colleagues and cross functional teams and third parties preferably in an agile environment.
- Strong team player is required to work within a small team and contribute to the positive team spirit. Effective interpersonal skills. Able to communicate effectively across all levels of management in a highly matrixed and/or agile environment.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time in a fast-paced environment.
- Will bring a “work hard, get stuff done“ attitude to this energetic and fast-paced company where people genuinely enjoy both the work they do and the people they work with.
- Travel required up to 25%, including internationally
CAS offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, including a generous vacation plan, medical, dental, vision insurance plans, and employee savings and retirement plans. Candidates for this position must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future. EEO/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran