Root is a car insurance company founded on the simple idea that people who drive well are less likely to get in accidents, and that means they should pay less for insurance. With a small initial venture capital investment, Root was faced with the challenge of building the entirety of the technology necessary to run a car insurance carrier from scratch. Through applying techniques to gain significant engineering leverage in the short-term without compromising long-term velocity, the engineering team at Root was able to deliver successfully, creating one of the fastest venture-backed companies to ever reach a billion dollar valuation.
We’ve been in business now for four years. In those four years, we have become the fastest-growing auto insurance company, on a % growth in premium basis. Our most recent round of funding valued us at $3.65B and brought our total VC funding to $523M. In the last year and a half, we have grown our team from 60 to 700.
- Performance Analysis: Track and monitor performance of assigned marketing initiatives and channels. Partner with Engineering to create and maintain automated performance dashboards as needed.
- Insight Generation & Optimization Recommendation: Conduct ad-hoc analyses to uncover new insights and make recommendations on how to improve business performance; leverage various analytical and statistical approaches to deepen the quality of insights.
- Design Experiments: Partner with the initiative owner to design and deploy testing iterations designed to continuously improve business results. Actively contribute to marketing planning and execution.
- Funnel Conversion: Partner with creative and product teams to continuously test and optimize email/push/SMS “nurturing” communication to customers and prospects to optimize performance at each step of the funnel.
- Competitive Benchmarking: Research and capture competitive activity in assigned channels. Communicate insights and recommendations to the broader team.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, or another business-related field
- 2+ years of relevant work experience
- Analytical mindset; proficient in SQL, Excel, and statistical analysis methods
- Previous experience working with and/or supporting digital marketing initiatives
- Experience with R, Tableau and/or HTML skills (or willingness to learn) a plus
- Experience with experiment design and A/B test analysis across multiple KPIs
- Familiarity with ad management and tracking platforms, such as Google Adwords, Google Analytics and Facebook preferred. Previous experience with a marketing automation platform (eg, Marketo, Braze, LeanPlum, Eloqua) a plus
- Experience analyzing email/push notification programs, and combining send/open metrics with internal financial metrics
- Superior problem solver with the ability to independently identify opportunities for improvement and make constructive suggestions for change
- Experience communicating analyses and fielding questions from executive team members
- Embraces Root’s values and excited to be a part of our dynamic culture; has a ‘do-what-it-takes’ attitude toward driving for results in a fast-paced work environment