Seamless.AI delivers the world’s best sales leads. Maximize revenue, increase sales and acquire your total addressable market instantly using artificial intelligence. Join us on our rocket ship to impact 1 billion people and add to our 20,000 companies and users who are generating hundreds of millions in sales for free at Seamless.AI. Request a demo here
The engineering team at Seamless is a small, yet nimble and powerful full-stack team of 4 top engineers, looking to add one more back-end lead software engineers to the team! We value simplicity in both our code and our UI. We don’t believe in bloated teams or overly architected solutions; we opt for small, nimble engineering experts that work well together, iterate fast and achieve more as a high-powered team.
This role will advance our cutting-edge data search engine and social profiling platform. We are looking for energetic, passionate developers to build scalable backend microservices, APIs and database structures using Node / Express / Postgres etc. We’re a small team, so you’ll have the opportunity to work on virtually all aspects of the software and have a direct and immediate impact! You should have a proven track record for solving large problems related to big data, single-page web applications, large relational databases and scaling high availability architectures. Most of all, you should share a love for programming and a passion for big data!
We’re looking for people who will thrive in a startup environment. You will be at the core of every new feature, every product decision, and every touch point of our users. You will not be micromanaged and have full autonomy to design the architecture and engineer the features / products for scale. If you are a problem solver and enjoy having the ability to think creatively with your code, you would love being on this team.
In terms of background, in short, startup experience as well as experience working with large data sets will be a major benefit to become a core asset on the Seamless.AI team.
Tech Summary for Software Engineer:
- Aurora PostgreSQL
- Elastic Beanstalk
Requirements & Responsibilities for Software Engineer:
- A firm grasp of Computer Science fundamentals including object oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving and complexity analysis.
- Strong knowledge of asynchronous programming patterns and service-oriented architecture (SOA) solutions.
- Design, Development, and implementation of scalable and performant backend microservices.
- We have a service-oriented architecture. We have two client facing platforms, a web app and a chrome extension supported by around 9 other services, an internal API to connect them, and an external API for partners. It allows us to keep codebases smaller, optimize more specifically, and explore new technologies with isolation.
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes to support hundreds of millions of records.
- Solve complex near real-time web engineering problems with big data.
- Passion for building backend technologies that have the power to positively impact millions.
- Regularly (and often frequently) shipping quality finished code - working in an MVP format is key.
- Creating full features, relatively unsupervised.
- Value autonomy and ownership of your work.
- Self-motivated engineer with the ability to work well with a small team of highly-driven / entrepreneurial Developers.
- Possess innate passion for coding, software development, and big data!
- Experience developing APIs.
- Experience developing Chrome extensions a plus.
- CRM integration experience (Salesforce, Hubspot, etc) a plus.
Why We Think You Should Work With Us as a Software Engineer:
- You have full autonomy to build an amazing product that impacts thousands of companies and professionals in a multi-billion dollar industry
- Seamless.AI has an unmatched company vision, mission, product and teamYou will have the ability for flex working w/ the opportunity to work remote (if desired).
- You will become part of an amazing culture with compassionate leadership and smart teammates.
- You will work in an inclusive work environment from leadership to individual contributors, with valuable impact coming from everyone on the team
- You have direct one-on-one access to your manager every week. Guaranteed.
- You will work with many amazing Developers and have opportunities to learn and teach everyday.
- We pay well, although we're a startup and will probably not be the highest paying gig out on the market. If you want to make a great living building something that changes the world with people you love to work with… Seamless.AI is the place! And if you want the ability to directly impact your earning potential with an equity stake, we have you covered.
- You'll advance in a high-growth company, building a high-traction product, in a high-growth industry.
- You will get to work on challenging projects using modern technology and frequently ship real code to production.
- You will unlock more of your potential here than you will anywhere else.
Pay, Perks & Such:
At Seamless, we love to celebrate our diverse group of hardworking employees and it shows. We’re proud to say Seamless.AI was recognized as a one of the Top Most Promising and Fastest Growing Start up by VentureOhio. Our CEO, Brandon Bornancin, was also named 2018 Sales Development Thought Leader of the Year. We pride ourselves on our collaborative culture that pervasive throughout every step of a Seamless employee’s journey. Starting with our interviews and continuing through Daily Standup sessions, collaboration is at the heart of working at Seamless.
We offer a full slate of benefits including competitive salaries, world-class health benefits, flexible vacation time, paid time off, remote flexibility and numerous other benefits to improve company culture/morale. And… we offer some not-so-standard, extra-fun benefits, including learning & development programs to improve your skills, an office ping-pong table, pool table, arcade basketball, DJ booth, and of course, fully stocked fridges and free coffee. :)
Take the chance to contribute to an upbeat, fully engaged culture that’s addicted to winning. We value diversity and believe forming teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds and different industries to apply. Come join us, and find out what the best work of your career could look like here at Seamless.
Disclaimer: This is a full-time position that ideally would be located in our Columbus, Ohio office but for the right candidate we would be open to full US remote. We are open to assisting with relocation and willing to discuss for some positions. Visa Sponsorship is not included in our hiring package. Applicants will need to be authorized to work in the US.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
No Recruiters. This is an internal position our internal team is hiring for.