At ConvaTec, our vision is to develop pioneering trusted medical solutions to improve the lives we touch. We are a global medical technology business focused on serving people and care givers in the areas of advanced wound care, ostomy care, continence and critical care and infusion care. We devise, develop and manufacture innovative products and services that support people with deeply personal and challenging medical conditions, helping to improve care for them and giving them greater confidence, freedom and mobility.
We are guided by our five core values, that shape the way we work, every day: Improve Care, Deliver Results, Grow Together, Own It and Do What's Right. We are a global Group, with over 9,000 employees and in 2019, our Group generated revenues of over $1.827 billion. To learn more about ConvaTec, please visit www.convatecgroup.com.
At ConvaTec, we're transforming our business for the better. Better products. Better ways of working. And better ways of delivering for our customers and each other. We're aiming for nothing short of excellence. Join us as a Regional Sales Manager and you'll do the same
About the Role:
You will be responsible for delivering profitable business results through superior execution of the overall business strategy, delivering profitable sales through the effective use of resources to ensure volume targets are achieved. You will cast a positive shadow within and external to the organization and demonstrate a commitment to ConvaTec's missions, values and business priorities. You will also foster a culture of high performing teams through effective leadership and communication within the regions' territory managers, clinical specialists, and product specialists.
Your Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coach, motivate and lead a team of sales professionals in selling and marketing the portfolio of Advanced Wound Care products
- Understand competitive landscape to achieve regional sales results, quotas/targets, and profitability goals.
- Guide and coach sales professionals to successfully execute new product launches; consistently use analytics and with expertise to create strategic plans and drive sales.
- Maintain the most current and up to date information of key account details and business situations at all key account/IDN's.
- Develop strong working relationships with external and internal customers and utilize internal relationships to establish strategy and build support for commercial goals and objectives.
- Interface with targeted accounts/IDN's and sales professionals to strategize, plan, and achieve sales goals.
- Drive organizational change and hold territory managers accountable for performance.
- Implement clear performance standards for employees against which to measure progress.
- Provide ongoing coaching to improve work performance and develop skills and abilities.
- Coach and lead sales professionals to assume new increased responsibilities in the future and build bench strength across all roles.
- Create high performing sales team by hiring, training, and retaining high quality territory managers.
- Attend national, regional, and local meetings as required. Represent ConvaTec in a professional manner at scheduled meetings
- Adhere to T&E Travel Policy, Company's compliance policy and Standards of Business Conduct & Ethics including relevant industry Codes of Practice
- Hospitals, WOCNs, Physicians, Physician Offices, Wound Care Clinics, US Marketing, ASDs, Sales Leadership Team, Channel Management Team, Corporate/Strategic Accounts Team
Travel Requirements: Up to 80% of the time
As a seasoned sales professional, you can demonstrate a track record of success in sales, with the ability to network effectively at all levels, and to navigate through complex sales cycles while also managing multiple call points in a fast-paced, competitive environment. You are a highly innovative person who exhibits exceptional leadership qualities, a solid business acumen, and strong learning agility. As a manager, you know how to set clear goals, provide structured feedback/guidance, how to measure an individual's success and how to hold them accountable when needed.
With your experience selling into acute facilities, you will serve as an expert at building long-term, productive customer relationships while interacting with physicians, WOCNs and other HCPs. As we continue to move into a more digital world, it is vital that you have strong presentation skills both virtually (through MS Teams/Zoom) and in-person in order to find success in this role.
- Bachelor's Degree is Required
- At least two years of sales management experience or matrix selling experience in medical sales required.
- Demonstrated success in a highly competitive, aggressive, growth sales environment preferred
- Experience selling into acute facilities is preferred
- Experience managing a sales team in a complex, matrix sales environment is preferred
- Documented history of sales leadership success
- Experience in marketing, sales training, corporate accounts, distribution or other relevant organizations are preferred.
- Proficient in positioning and coaching to a Health Economics based solution
- Experience selling into acute facilities is preferred
- Must have a positive attitude and proven ability to excel in a fast-paced, competitive environment and have a mindset to drive growth.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams etc.)
- Exhibits ConvaTec's Values & Behaviors
- May have to work evenings & weekends
- Normal hearing, visual acuity and manual dexterity are required to listen, speak, read, write, use telephone, work with computer and handle files and sample products.
- Must be able to lift and maneuver heavy objects sometimes weighing up to forty (40) pounds.
- Clean driving record and valid driver's license required
- Must reside in or be willing to relocate to the assigned territory area
Our ambitions will bring the very best out in you. You'll be pushed to aim higher and really own your work. You'll be encouraged and supported to make things happen, too. It can be challenging. But, as the progress you make will help improve the lives of millions, it'll be worth it.
This is stepping up to a challenge.
This is work that'll move you
ConvaTec provides equal employment opportunities for all current employees and applicants for employment. This policy means that no one will be discriminated against because of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, nationality, citizenship, ancestry, sex, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, genetic predisposing characteristics or any other basis prohibited by law.
Notice to Agency and Search Firm Representatives: ConvaTec is not accepting unsolicited resumes from agencies and/or search firms for this job posting. Resumes submitted to any ConvaTec employee by a third party agency and/or search firm without a valid written and signed search agreement, will become the sole property of ConvaTec. No fee will be paid if a candidate is hired for this position as a result of an unsolicited agency or search firm referral. Thank you.
If you are an active employee at ConvaTec, please do not apply here. Go to the Career Worklet on your Workday home page and View “ConvaTec Internal Career Site - Find Jobs“. Thank you!