We're looking for a Filings Analyst (or Actuarial Analyst) to help us rapidly create, update, and gain approval of our rate filings. Working closely with a variety of teams, you'll get our filings out the door and to the Department of Insurance, handling correspondence and addressing any objections. However, this won't be following a step by step guide; you'll be building and collaborating on faster, more efficient filing processes from the ground up, continuously developing our strategies and approaches.
- Lead the filing of rate changes
- Develop and document a deep understanding of Root’s filing process and history for states, rating variables, and methodologies
- Develop support for rate changes and respond to DOI objections
- Continue to expand DOI relationships
- Conduct competitive and regulatory research
- Experience handling complex DOI correspondence, including understanding and responding to objections
- Demonstratable experience with SERFF
- Strong Excel skills
- Able to quickly adapt to new tools and technologies (conceptual understanding is a plus)
- Conceptual understanding of insurance pricing
At Root, we judge people based on the merit of their work, not who they are. Very few (if any!) people will fit every description; so if you are passionate about what this role entails, and are excited by solving real problems, we encourage you to apply; we want to learn about you, and what you can add to our team!
Who we are.
Root Insurance is the nation’s first licensed insurance carrier powered entirely by mobile. We were founded on the belief that the services you need for everyday life should serve you better. That’s why we base insurance coverages on you, not your demographic. It’s the way insurance should be. And it’s all conveniently in an app.
What draws people to Root.
We’re a venture-backed technology company. Our early success is in large part due to our unwavering standards in hiring. We recognize that our product is only as good as the people building and promoting it. We look for individuals who find solutions by going through the cycle of ideation to implementation with curiosity, rigor, and a highly analytical lens. Ask anyone who works here and you’ll hear similar reasons for why they joined:
Autonomy. For assertive self-starters, the opportunities to contribute are limitless.
Impact. By challenging the way it’s always been done, we solve problems that have a big impact on our business.
Collaboration. We encourage rich discussion and civil debate at every turn.
People. We are inspired by the collection of crazy-smart people around us