At Root, we’ve built pricing and risk models from the ground up. But we’re not done. There’s always statistical challenges to face—and our team takes collaboration head on. You won’t sit on the sidelines here. Our actuaries have the analytical creative freedom to problem solve, build our culture, and help the company make business decisions. (Also, our Actuarial team is killer at karaoke.)
We’re looking for a Pricing Analyst to spearhead rate change filings. In this role, you’ll become an expert of our rate change process to help guide future implementations and filings. You’ll be our point of contact with the Department of Insurance, communicating objections to appropriate teams and making resolved updates. However, we’re not looking for someone who wants to fall into a routine; we’re looking for a pricing analyst who’ll push our process forward, suggesting and embracing new techniques and technologies to make your job easier and more efficient.
- Lead the implementation and filing of rate changes.
- Develop and document a deep understanding of Root’s filing process and history for states, rating variables, and methodologies.
- Develop expected business impacts of rate changes and collaborate with Product team to monitor the changes.
- Collaborate on and adopt enhanced methods to analyze and monitor rating plan changes.
- Conduct competitive and regulatory research.
- Experience determining the impact of complex rate changes.
- Experience handling complex DOI correspondence, including understanding and responding to objections.
- Experience collaborating with developers to implement complex changes.
- Able to quickly adapt to new tools and technologies (conceptual understanding is a plus).
- Strong Excel skills.
- SERFF experience.
- Conceptual understanding of relational databases.
- Conceptual understanding of insurance applications
Why join Root? Because we believe the best way to move the world forward is the relentless pursuit of ideas. We build things that ought to exist, but would not exist, if we were not building them. We do this through immense dedication to our craft, an unwavering focus on our fellow human beings, and a maniacal obsession with the quality of our creations. Problems stick in our craw, and we don’t let them go until we solve them. We believe in the scientific process and know that experimentation is the best way to find truth. We don’t hold ideas down no matter how crazy they may seem. We foster them, nurture them, and unceasingly test them. If you are the kind of person that loves tackling big problems with a collaborative group of people until you find solutions, you belong here.
We believe our customers deserve insurance that is:
Fair. We lean on data, not demographic labels.
Affordable. We base rates on good driver performance.
Personal. We give our customers the power to affect their rates.
Easy. We create an intuitive experience.
Accessible. We make information clear.
Beyond. We are never, ever satisfied with the status quo.