Operations Engineer - DevSecOps
Watertown, MA, US Boston, MA, US Austin, TX, US Charlotte, NC, US Columbus, OH, US DC, US Cincinnati, OH, US Raleigh, NC, US Chicago, IL, US Seattle, WA, US Nashville, TN, US Philadelphia, PA, US Arlington, VA, US Atlanta, GA, US New York City, NY, US Tampa, FL, US Tempe, AZ, US
Requisition Number: 78451
We are Insight Digital Innovation.
As a Fortune 500-ranked global provider of digital innovation, cloud/data center transformation, connected workforce, and supply chain optimization solutions and services, we help clients successfully manage their IT today while transforming for tomorrow.
From IT strategy and design to implementation and management, our employees help clients innovate and optimize their operations to run smarter.
- Microsoft US Partner of the Year, 2020
- Microsoft Worldwide Customer Experience Partner of the Year, 2020
- Microsoft US Partner Award for Intelligent Cloud – Application Innovation, 2019
- Microsoft US Azure Team Partner Choice Award - Data & AI, 2019
Insight's Digital Innovation Solutions team is bringing exciting products to market which leverage the Microsoft Azure IoT stack. Utilizing a wide array of Azure services and a modern codebase, these solutions are built on cutting edge technologies and are slated for continuous improvements in functionality, infrastructure, and operations as the solutions evolve.
The team is seeking a hands-on leader to drive and organize several operational aspects of the platform:
Operations Engineer - DevSecOps
- Oversee the customer onboarding/provisioning process, including coordination across Insight teams, provisioning automation, runbook creation
- Organize technical writing efforts to create end-user documentation, installation runbooks, and helpdesk support runbooks
- Be the primary point of contact for level 2 support, coordinating efforts to investigate, prioritize, address, and escalate support issues
- Continue to evolve the monitoring of both cloud and edge components of the solution, including reporting, alerting rules, and integration with support systems
- Schedule maintenance of cloud infrastructure and edge devices
- Recommend and implement security best practices for device and cloud application security
- Plan releases of software across multiple customer environments, including publishing release notes
- 5-10 years of industry experience
- Breadth of knowledge across Microsoft Azure products & solutions
- Past experience managing an IT operations team, especially one including hybrid cloud components
- Understanding of Linux security best practices
- Experience defining InfoSec principles; experience pursuing a relevant InfoSec certification a plus
- Experience with scripting, specifically PowerShell, Azure CLI, bash shell
- Deep familiarity with Azure Application Insights/Azure Monitor, including logging, alerting, dashboarding
- Ability to troubleshoot, investigate issues, and identify common support scenarios for prescriptive runbook documentation or proactive monitoring
- Experience with ServiceNow or other standard ITSM tools
- Critical thinking, problem-solving, trouble shooting and decision-making skills
- Strong communication skills
- Desire to work in fast-paced, entrepreneurial setting
- High integrity, with a proactive, positive approach to work
- Education: BA/BS
We have created a team-oriented environment with quality people, career advancement opportunities, great work/life balance and an excellent compensation and benefits package. Our people appreciate that they represent a brand that is invested in growing local relationships while working globally and doing what is right for our co-workers and clients. We are high on supporting each other and hiring/developing the best technical professionals in the industry.
These are some of the reasons why we are often selected as a Best Places to Work award winner in the cities where we work.
Discover more at insight.com…or just APPLY!
At Insight Enterprises, Inc. we empower organizations to run smarter by defining, architecting, implementing, and managing Intelligent Technology Solutions ™. As a Fortune 500-ranked global provider of digital innovation, cloud/data center transformation, connected workforce, and supply chain optimization solutions and services, we help clients successfully manage their IT today while transforming for tomorrow. From IT strategy and design to implementation and management, our teammates help clients innovate and optimize their operations to run smarter.
- Global provider of Intelligent Technology Solutions™ for organizations of all sizes
- Microsoft Global Partner of the Year for AI, IoT, Open Source Solutions, Mobile Apps, & Modern Desktop; Microsoft US Partner of the Year for DevOps
- Fortune Top 100 Best Companies for Diversity
- Fortune Top 50 Best Workplaces in Technology
- Winner of several “Best Places to Work“ awards
- 30+ years in business, 11,000+ teammates worldwide, and $7.7 billion in revenue in 2019
Insight in the News!
- Insight Earns 2020 Microsoft U.S. Partner of the Year Award
- Microsoft Worldwide AI Partner of the Year, 2018
- Microsoft Worldwide Modern Desktop Partner of the Year, 2018
- Microsoft Worldwide Open Source on Azure Partner of the Year, 2017
…and much more:
Insight is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
The position (or opportunity) described above provides a summary of some the job duties required and what it would be like to work at Insight.
For a comprehensive list of physical demands and work environment for this position, read below link:
Posting Notes: Remote || Massachusetts (US-MA) || United States (US) || None || None || Remote; US - Alpharetta, GA; US - Atlanta, GA; US - Austin, TX; US - Boston, MA; US - Charlotte, NC; US - Chicago, IL; US - Cincinnati, OH; US - Columbus, OH; US - Dallas, TX; US - Denver, CO; US - Indianapolis, IN; US - Minneapolis, MN; US - Nashville, TN; US - New York, NY; US - Philadelphia, PA; US - Phoenix, AZ; US - Plano, TX; US - Raleigh, NC; US - St. Louis, MO; US - Tampa, FL; US - Tempe, AZ; US - Washington, DC; US - Watertown,MA ||
Nearest Major Market: Boston
Job Segment: Operations Manager, Developer, Engineer, Supply, Operations, Technology, Engineering