Please note: This is a part-time permanent position and works in accordance with the school year calendar.
Provides professional nursing care to clients:
- Observes, assesses and records inpatient's and outpatient's symptoms, reactions, and progress;
- Administers prescribed medications and/or ordered treatment plans and emergency care procedures for students, staff, and/or visitors;
- Provides health education (e.g., counseling, prevention);
- Establishes a compassionate environment (e.g., providing emotional and psychological support to patients and families);
- Provides first aid and/or CPR.
Documents patient care and/or services:
- Charts and records patient information and/or services rendered (e.g., clinical appointments, treatment records, Medicare reimbursements, diagnostic evaluations and programs).
Maintains a cooperative relationship among health care teams:
- Communicates information;
- Responds to requests;
- Builds rapport;
- Participates in team problem-solving methods.
Protects patients and employees:
- Adheres to infection-control policies and protocols, medication administration and storage procedures and controlled substance regulations;
- Provides health screenings and preventative programs.
Assures quality of care:
- Adheres to therapeutic standards;
- Plans and implements patient care goals and measuring health outcomes against patient care goals and standards;
- Makes or recommends necessary adjustments;
- Follows standards of care set by State Board of Nursing, Ohio Nurse Practice Act, and other governing agency regulations;
- Uses equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results;
- Verifies receipt of supplies;
- Maintains nursing supplies inventory (e.g., checks stock to determine inventory levels, anticipates needed supplies, places and expedites orders for supplies).
Maintains professional and technical knowledge:
- Attends educational workshop;
- Reviews professional publications;
- Establishes personal networks;
- Participates in professional societies.
Requires current licensure as registered professional nurse in state of Ohio as issued by Board of Nursing per Section 4723.03 of Ohio Revised Code.