MEP Superintendent - Data Center
This opportunity is a leading provider of mission-critical design build solutions. This firm provides a complete life-cycleof solutions that are custom-fit to the requirements of their client's mission-critical facilities. They design build mission-critical facilities for data center facilities nationwide
Data Center MEP Superintendent Columbus, OH
Responsible for field activities associated with the project, including supervision of all field construction work by electrical and mechanical subcontractors and self-performed work. Keep in constant contact with Subcontractors to ensure timely work to keep project on time / within budget. Ensures equipment purchased is in onsite at the project when needed. Shares responsibility with the construction project manager for developing the project budget, actively participating in the preconstruction phase, and ensuring that the project is built on time, within budget, and according to company policies and procedures. Manages and mentors assistant project managers and other field personnel. Maintains a relentless focus on meeting and exceeding customer needs and expectations through the life of the project.
- Maintain liaison with primary client,A/E firm, Owner's Rep firm, Construction Project Manager, subcontractors and any other vendors needed to facilitate construction activities at the data center job site.
- Establishes and manages the critical work environment project objectives, performance standards, planning and Methods of Procedure and be within boundaries ofcorporate policies to ensure minimization of human error factors which could cause down time during work processes
- Provides leadership of all field related MEP mission critical work activities and coordinates with Construction Project Manager and Subcontractors for proper execution.
- Keeps all relative parties informed of projects progress throughout the life of the project.
- Detailed understanding of all MEP systems to include size up, costs, scheduling timeline, quality control focus points, system start-up, commissioning, troubleshooting, etc.
- Manage financial aspects of contracts (progress billing, rental equipment, income/expenses) to protect the companys interest and simultaneously maintain good relationship with the client.
- Ensures that project site and company assets are secure and maintains a safe and respectful working environment at all times by implementing programs for safety / OSHA, Equal Employment Opportunity / EEO, risk management, training, and quality control.
- Confirms that extra charges from subcontractors/suppliers are reasonable and work is correctly executed. Coordinates with project manager for approval on extra charges.
- Facilitates weekly project progress and safety meetings with all subcontractor representatives and coordinates the upcoming weeks work to be accomplished. Attends all progress meetings with the owners rep / data center construction Project manager
- Ensures that the project closeout process is finalized, demobilize all resources, and transition the project to the client.
- 8+ years of data center / critical facilities MEP Construction experience. (project size, scope, and complexity the years of experience will also be a large factor)
- Detailed understanding of Mechanical and Electrical systems to include integrated testing, MOPs/ SOPs of installation, functionality and troubleshooting; etc
- Budget responsibilities must be in excess of 50mm - 100mm + to be considered.
- Experience in directing and/or supporting the commissioning effort.
- Demonstrates solid presentation, verbal, written and communication skills.
- Demonstrates proficiency using a personal computer (PC) and company communication tools, such as email, internet, and Microsoft products (e.g., Word, Excel, Office, Outlook, Powerpoint, MS Project, Timberline, etc).
- Previous administrative experience managing change orders, billing, creating reports, etc
Qualified candidates can send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org ( resume at pkaza dot com ) with 14829187inthe subject. After applying, if you have further questions, you may call 973-895-5200 and ask for Iggy. You can also submit via our career portal and also see all of our critical facility openings at: https://www.pkaza.com/jobs/
If this job is not for you, feel free to forward this along. WE PAY FOR REFERRALS!!
Company offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, medical insurance and a 401(k) plan
EOE/AA Employer M/F/D/V
Pkaza LLC is a third party employment firm. All fees assessed by Pkaza LLC will be paid by our employer that we represent and not by the candidate.