Medical Receptionist (Urgent Care)
WHAT IS CARBON ALL ABOUT?
At Carbon Health, we believe in the power of health, of medicine, and of technology. We aim to create a supportive environment where you can develop your career and continuously refine your craft. To support this goal, we’ve built a diverse and passionate team of employees who are all driven to learn from one another and reach Carbon Health’s mission of bringing high-quality healthcare to everyone.
The Medical Receptionist / Support Staff position is responsible for greeting and registering patients as well as administrative tasks and procedures that support an exceptional patient experience. This role offers the opportunity to see how an urgent care operates and work alongside our medical assistants, x-ray technologists and clinicians.
This position is ideal for those who wish to pursue a career in health care. This is a fast-paced role that calls for the ability to multi-task, think on your feet and work independently.
We are looking for someone who is customer focused, empathetic and positive. This role is critical to the entire patient experience.
What You'll Do
- Be the first and last interaction with our patients
- Greeting patients and acting as a resource
- Schedule patients through different modalities
- Introduce the Carbon app to patients
- Verify insurance and collect copayments
- Administrative work such as writing referrals and preparing lab paperwork
- Work collaboratively on projects with clinical leadership to enhance the patient experience
- Familiarity with Apple products, including iPads and Macbooks
- The ability to remain focused and calm during stress-full situations (high volume of patients that walk in and need to be registered, calling 911 and directing paramedics to patients that must be sent to the ER etc)
- Typing speed of 50+ WPM
- Great communication skills
- Experience and familiarity with medical insurance (understanding of costs, deductibles, copays, coverage) preferred.
- Forward-thinking, transparent, and inclusive company culture
- Collaborative environment within and across our clinic sites, virtual care teams and at HQ in San Francisco
- 401K with matching contribution and Pre-tax benefits including Commuter (transit & parking)
- Competitive compensation with medical, dental, vision, 401K (with match), FSA Medical, FSA Dependent Care and other great benefits for full time & part time employees who work 20+ hours a week
A BRIEF HISTORY
Carbon Health is the leading national healthcare provider with a mission to bring high-quality healthcare to everyone. Leveraging its unique technology platform, Carbon Health provides its patients with omnichannel care: seamless care from the same trusted providers at a wide variety of access points, including urgent care, primary care, virtual care, pop-up sites, the Carbon Health app, and on-site at their employers. Carbon Health also provides value-based care to enterprise partners across a broad range of industries, including academia, sports, entertainment, biotechnology, and travel. Apply today, join our team and make an impact!
To learn more about Carbon Health, and to stay up to date on what we're doing visit https://blog.carbonhealth.com/
We here at Carbon Health recognize that the key to success lies in valuing the minds, experiences and perspectives of people from all walks of life. Carbon Health is proud to value diversity and be an equal employment opportunity employer. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.