Lead IT Analyst (Portfolio Management)
IT Planning & Portfolio Management
IT Manager, Portfolio Management
The Lead IT Analyst is a position within the IT Planning & Portfolio Management department responsible for successful IT Project financial execution.
Key outcomes for success include:
- Responsive and timely issue resolution
- Effective project management process, metrics, and measures
- Timely and accurate support and documentation for regulatory filings
- Impact analysis and “What if” modeling for projects
- Utilization of standardized templates
- Collaborative business partner relationships
- Impactful project and program level presentations
- Understands, communicates, and trains on process improvements
- Proactively identifies and understands issues, problems, opportunities and uses the information to develop appropriate solutions
- Takes action that is consistent with available facts, constraints and probable consequences
- Builds strategic relationships with internal and external groups to proactively identify potential risk areas and mitigate impacts to project execution
- Supports regulatory initiatives by gathering data and preparing regulatory schedules and/or preparing pro-forma calculations, testimony and data requests; recognizes situations where the regulatory framework and rate case outcomes drive our business
- Demonstrates a subject matter expertise in project management processes, metrics, measures, and key strategic business initiatives
- Understands and utilizes industry best practices and data as they relate to job responsibilities
- Has strong knowledge of other departments’ roles and interactions with IT and the larger organization
- Collaborates openly with cross-functional teams to perform work functions
- Provides recommendations based on scenario analysis and leads the implementation, as appropriate.
- Develops and monitors post-implementation reporting for further refinement and sustainability
- Demonstrates our commitment to quality by documenting work fully and accurately
- Compiles, organizes and formats data, including qualitative analysis required for internal (IT) and external reporting
- Composes clear, direct, concise, and complete verbal & written messages; Summarizes and presents information in executive level presentations
- Stays focused and meets productivity standards, deadlines, and work schedules
- Seeks and acquires new competencies, work methods, ideas, and information that will improve own efficiency and effectiveness on the job.
- Challenges the status-quo of existing processes to ensure efficiency and flexibility to support ever-changing business requirements; facilitates and promotes continuous improvement of business processes.
- Prepares for group meetings by identifying the key issues, goals, and stakeholder expectations
- Demonstrates strong business acumen, the ability to analyze and communicate trends, and the drive and commitment to achieve goals and business results.
- Identifies the sequence of tasks and the resources needed to achieve goals; prioritizes key action steps; evaluates progress against schedule and goal
- Demonstrates strong leadership skills, as well as the drive and commitment to achieve goals and business results with a sense of urgency.
- Builds relationships with, and is able to influence, co-workers; provides teammates with coaching and mentorship.
Key Activities / Deliverables:
- IT Project execution support
- Periodically audit the process to ensure it is still appropriate and aligns with business strategy and recommend changes if necessary
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities
- Monitoring project costs and forecasts
- Monitoring project issues and risks
- Support of project change control
- Monthly actual to budget and to forecast variance analysis
- Invoice reconciliation and monthly accrual submissions
- Project planning and scheduling
- Project deliverable review
- Ensure process documentation is created and updated periodically
- 7+ years of experience in project management as a project manager, test lead, lead business analyst or a related role on multiple large-scale, complex projects with a total budget of >$5M and a duration of at least 12 months OR in audit, regulatory or compliance fields with focus on IT project delivery.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university in related discipline (Computer Science, Engineering, Accounting, Finance, Economics)
- Demonstrated experience in leading multiple process improvement initiatives
- Work independently in multiple functional domains
- Demonstrated relevant experience in the development and coaching of other team members
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong experience with MS Office tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Visio)
- Aptitude for attention to detail, accuracy, precision and logic
- Demonstrated strong process orientation and analytical/problem solving skills
- Experience with Service Now PPM is a plus
- Utilities Industry experience is a plus
- Prefer professional certification: Project Management Professional (PMP), International Institute of Business Analysts (IIBA), Professional Scrum Master (PSM), or Certified Scrum Master (CSM) with at least 3 years of professional expertise with the corresponding certification.