Job Description Job #: 1025448
Title: Java developer
Location: Columbus, OH
Contract to hire or direct hire
We are looking for a Java developer to work in our Enterprise Payments team focused on building emerging payment technologies for our customers. The candidate would start out by building a new payments origination platform using Java technologies which will allow us to provide our online and mobile customers greater simplification for their payment needs while leveraging new and emerging real time payment capabilities.
- As a Java Developer Lead, you would provide direction for all components of the application and their responsibilities, the technologies that are used to fulfill those responsibilities and interfaces and communication between components.
- This platform will build new microservices exposed via REST API's using Spring Boot, a new payments database schema, database ORM using Hibernate and scheduled tasks/batch processes using other java technologies. Using requirements and functional design as inputs, the candidate will help to create detailed design documentation and POC's to help set the technology direction.
- The candidate will lead the build out, code reviews and unit testing of the product while providing direction to 3-4 junior and mid-level developers helping to build new product functionality.
- Finally, the candidate will research and facilitate the monitoring, high availability and support methodology for our production environment partnering with our L2 production support team.
- Min 7 years of hands on software development experience in Java technologies with special focus in middleware development building RESTful web services
- Bachelor's Degree
- Payments/payment processing background in 1 or more of the following: Wires, ACH, Zelle, TCH RTP or Bill Payments
- Possess 5+ years of experience with relational databases/SQL
- Experience in banking technology
- Possess 3+ years of experience with ORM technologies preferably Hibernate
- Possess 1+ years of experience with Spring Boot
- Possess 3+ years of professional experience in supervising or leading junior development team members
- Possess excellent communication, design, documentation, analytical, and SDLC skills
- Possess hands on experience working in Java8+, Java JPA, Swagger, GIT, Maven, Jenkins, JSON & SOAP xml, YML
- Possess hands on experience working with scheduled tasks with technologies like Quartz or Spring Boot scheduling
- Possess hands on experience working with Docker, Kubernetes or other container orchestration technology
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [ Phone number blocked ] -6178.