Inv Control Troubleshooter -1st Shift
Focus on resolving systemic and financial inventory variances related to inbound Distribution Center receipts and on hand inventory. Analyzes, validates, and corrects inventory discrepancies by leveraging knowledge of WMS and Host system functionality. Partners with Merchandising, Allocation, DC Operations, Accounts Payable and DCIC staff to ensure timely and accurate resolution of all inventory discrepancies. Extracts data elements from a variety of sources to complete analysis and produce periodic reporting of Key Inventory metrics to the business. Communicates findings including recommendations for corrective action where necessary.
1. Reviews all systemic inventory interface files and completes required actions to provide resolution of problematic transactions and/or inventory imbalances between systems.
2. Participates in system testing as needed to validate WMS/interface functionality.
3. Researches discrepancies between inventory systems and executes systemic processes to facilitate the accurate transfer of data between systems.
4. Frequently uses workflow software to maintain control of business requests and ensure completion of required departmental actions.
5. Establishes and maintains productive professional working relationships with team members at all levels and across the business including Merchandising, Accounts Payable, and DC Operations.
6. Performs systemic research to support special audits as needed, documents all findings, and discusses problems and provides proposals for solutions to Inventory Control Management where necessary.
7. Produces and publishes reporting over Key Inventory Metrics using SCI, SAP, and MicroStrategy queries.
8. Performs general clerical duties including copying, filing and answering telephones.
9. Ensures the completion of daily workload in an efficient manner to support all departmental goals and objectives in relation to accuracy and timeliness of problem resolution.
1. General knowledge of Distribution Center functions required.
2. Experience with Manhattan WMS Open Systems, SAP, AS-400, and Microsoft Office including Excel and Word is preferred.
3. Organizational and problem-solving skills required.
4. Knowledge of modern office methods and procedures, instant message, email and telephone techniques, and office equipment is required.
5. Ability to maintain a positive working relationship with all co-workers within immediate department, other DC departments and General Office and to use good judgment in recognizing scope of authority.
6. Ability to handle multiple tasks, be detail oriented, maintain confidentiality and perform duties with speed and accuracy without immediate and constant supervision.
7. Ability to perform physical activity at a sustained pace within a Distribution Center environment including walking, bending and lifting is required.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.