Abercrombie & Fitch Co. is a portfolio of lifestyle brands including Abercrombie & Fitch, abercrombie kids, Hollister, and Gilly Hicks. Reaching customers across 120+ countries, we strive to create customer-centric, omni-channel experiences for our global customer base.
How do we do it? Every day, our associates show up and empower one another to stay curious and think big. As a team of relentless innovators, we aren't afraid to dream boldly. We are accountable and aim to the highest caliber to understand, push boundaries and embrace change. We coach, mentor, care, and bring our best selves every day because we are in this together. Whether you lead yourself, a team, or the company, everyone is a leader at A&F.
Primary responsibility of the architect is to work within the A&F IT and business community to ensure systems are architected utilizing industry best practices, and within the guidelines set forth by A&F.
Oversee system architectures for Product Facing Systems for core merchandising, assortment planning, product lifecycle management and wholesale platforms, that will meet enterprise requirements for scale, and reliability while transforming the architecture to a modern footprint. Facilitate design patterns which support reuse, test driven development, and simplification of software packages within the organization. Work with local (specific platform) architects to design solutions which meet enterprise standards. Advise solutions architects on overall technical design, integration design and data design.
In addition, the architect will be responsible for researching emerging platforms, technologies to support global business needs to make recommendations for incorporating appropriate emerging architectures into future A&F roadmaps.
What Will You Be Doing?
- Establish North Star Vision of technology landscape with area leaders of Product facing applications and infrastructure to the new vision
- Work with Project Portfolio Management team and business stakeholders to conceptualize projects, estimate new work, create overarching solution design, and ensure both business and technical goals are met with the estimates
- Oversee solutions design in the space of Product facing systems for project delivery efforts. Advise on steps to achieve modernization goals
- Identify risks and dependencies and collaborate with architects, developers and business stakeholders to eliminate or reduce technical debt across the portfolio
- Team up with the functional leaders in Planning, Allocation, Wholesale, and IT to line up the business and technical roadmaps to ensure the most effective and efficient value and speed prioritization
- Develop a strategic executable roadmap of evolution of the Product Facing Systems portfolio considering strategic business and IT vision
- Develop, train, and mentor other application architects both through project work and/or POC work for solutions design. This includes regular technical updates to the team, informal and formal training sessions, and 1-1 coaching
- Serve as an advanced technical leader and as such, a role model both technically and behaviorally
- Document architectural standards and design patterns for reference in decision-making, development and build practices. Ensure leverage and use of the architectural practices, devOps and other standards are built into future and existing projects
- Perform market assessments on new technology tools to understand capability differences amongst providers and ensure alignment with A&F architectural and security standards.
- Partner with the infrastructure and Security teams on concept work, DevOps, solutions design, and transformation efforts to ensure proper scope, resources and costs allocated for needs
- Support Application Rationalization efforts to simplify application landscape and standardize on modern technology.
- Lead and/or participate on technical user groups, task forces, and committees that are relevant to architecture.
- Responsible for continually growing their skills and knowledge.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
What Do You Need To Bring?
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field and 15+ years experience in various roles of technical leadership within a large-scale organization
- Personal Attributes: Self-starter, Collaborative, Curious, Strong work ethic, Highly motivated, Team oriented
- Proactive solution orientation with a drive to overcome obstacles
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technical configurations, technologies, and processing environments
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation, and negotiation
- Excellent analytical and technical skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
ABERCROMBIE & FITCH CO. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER © ABERCROMBIE & FITCH CO. 2012