Customer behavior is nebulous. At Root, we believe the only way to build a successful product is to intimately understand the customer through a quantitative and qualitative lens. Hypotheses must be formed and tested through continuous experimentation so that product decisions can be made rapidly. This ability is critical to our business and hinges on living and breathing data.
As our Director of Product Analytics, you will drive the data collection and analysis that is at the heart of our product decisions.
Reports to: VP of Product
- Recruit, develop and lead a team of product analysts for a rapidly growing organization
- Use statistics fundamentals to provide high-level actionable information to business decision-makers across multiple areas of focus
- Set analytical direction and best practices for a team of product analysts
- Guide product teams to determine sound approach for ongoing monitoring and ad-hoc testing
- Own scheduled reporting to the business of key metrics within areas of responsibility Assess tools and processes for analysis and visualization continuously, ensuring business intelligence needs are met
- Leverage superior written and verbal communication skills to communicate results and critical insights throughout the organization
- Degree in Statistics, Engineering or another quantitative field
- 5+ years of field experience with inferential and predictive analytics
- 2+ years experience leading a team of analysts or data scientists
- Experience with insurance pricing analysis, customer behavioral analysis, and survey design a plus
- Strong technology background and proficient in SQL; familiarity with Postgres databases, JQL, and Ruby on Rails a plus
- Naturally collaborative, excelling at influencing without direct authority
- Roll-up-the-sleeves work ethic and proven ability to thrive in a results-driven, fast-pace environment