***In terms of logistics, all interviews will take place over phone or video due to the coronavirus**
Spiceworks Ziff Davis is a safe, inclusive place for people of all backgrounds and walks of life. We strongly encourage you to apply if you are from a marginalized or underrepresented group, particularly in the technology industry. Some candidates may see a long list of job requirements and feel discouraged because they don't match every single bullet point -- we ask: please apply anyway. We're flexible on location wherever possible - we are a Work From Anywhere company. We don't believe in a “perfect“ candidate and we embrace our “Evolve and Adapt Quickly“ core value, so if you believe that this is a role that you'll be excited to work in every day, want to be a part of a culture like ours, and will be relentless about Pushing Boundaries to succeed, please apply.
Who we are: Spiceworks Ziff Davis (SWZD) is the trusted global marketplace for connecting technology buyers and sellers across all marketing channels. We provide the valued information IT and business decision makers need to research, buy, and manage technology while delivering the intelligence and insights technology brands need to create and sell better products and services. By combining the breadth and depth of the Spiceworks Community with expert content, trusted 1st party data, and proven lead generation capabilities, SWZD is uniquely positioned to help technology buyers and sellers to grow their businesses.
Who you are: Are you someone who obsesses over every single impression that gets generated? Do you stay up late brainstorming new ways to amp up impressions until they’re cash machines? If the term “yield management” brings a smile to your face and you thrive on finding order in the midst of chaos, we just might have a position for you! Spiceworks Ziff Davis is on the hunt for a seasoned Director, Ad Operations to embark on a never-ending quest: Figure out how to take click-through and sell-through rates to a whole new level!
What you’ll do: As a Spiceworks Ziff Davis Director, Ad Operations, you’ll be tasked with maximizing revenue from the impressions we serve. You’ll be perfectly at ease working across multiple departments and personalities from trafficking to campaign management to product marketing to sales. You’ll also be a natural at increasing key metrics like eCPMS, sell-through rates, and click-through rates and let’s not forget that you’ll have a blast every step of the way!
Responsibilities: What will I do?
- Lead a team of Ad Ops Specialists to deliver campaigns and revenue to the company
- Take the initiative to help define inventory allocation processes, troubleshoot and resolve technical challenges and implement new technologies that lead to more efficient operations and/or generate revenue
- Ensure that we maximize revenue from our ad inventory
- Seamlessly monitor overall performance metrics like click-through rates, sell-through rates, eCPMs and proactively provide insights and recommendations for improving
- Take the process reins to ensure smooth and efficient operation between trafficking, campaign management, sales and product marketing.
- Partner with engineering and marketing on new product development and go to market strategies
- Coach, train and motivate team members to excel in their role
- Partner with 3rd party vendors as needed to plan and implement technical integrations
- Set the example in accurate revenue related reporting including weekly revenue updates, month end actualization and other ad hoc requests as needed
- Be the industry subject matter expert for sales, marketing, product and engineering for display advertising
Qualifications: What does it take to do this job?
- 5+ years previous experience in Ad Operations and people management
- Strong leadership, managerial and time management skills
- Proficient in Google Ad Manager 360, industry leading SSPs and ad trafficking in general
- Comfortable with buying and selling ads through programmatic channels (DSP/SSP)
- Experience with Data Management Platforms like Lotame, Bluekai, Salesforce DMP, etc.
- Experience with tags management
- High level of analytical ability
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent MS Office skills particularly in Excel with pivot table, v-lookup & formula expertise
- Problem-solving chops and ability to find creative solutions to customer challenges