A Customer Service Representative (CSR) is responsible for loading galley equipment onto a truck, driving the truck to aircrafts, and unloading the equipment.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Loads galley equipment onto the truck
- Drives the truck to the aircraft
- Unloads galley equipment off the truck
- All activities must be accomplished according to customer guidelines and while adhering to safety regulations
- Interacts with the airline representatives at the aircraft
- Communicates by radio to supervisors and dispatchers
- Performs Truck Pre-Trip Inspections as required
- Follows directions
- Works as a member of a team
- Additional duties may be assigned as deemed necessary by management
Job Specific Requirements
This position is represented by a Labor union and is covered by one or more collective bargaining agreements.
- Pay the one-time initiation fee of $100. This is deducted by $25-dollar increments,
- Pay the monthly union dues of $45. This amount is deducted automatically from your paycheck on the first pay period of the month and starts on the 61st day of employment.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Up to one-year experience preferred
Technical Skills: (Certification, Licenses and Registration)
- Current U.S. driver's license
- Some locations may require a Customs Seal from local airport authority
Language / Communication Skills:
- Must be able to read and write to complete required forms
- Communicate effectively with supervisors and co-workers
Requirements of the Job:
- Work assigned schedule which may vary and could include weekends and holidays
- Works overtime when required
- Arrives to work on-time
- Completes paperwork and related administrative duties
- Must comply with Company Policies
- Must be able to lift, push, pull, and move product, equipment and supplies up to seventy-five (75) pounds
- Must be able to work at heights up to 25 feet or more depending upon aircraft.
- Regularly stands, bends, lifts, and moves intermittently during shifts of 8+ hours
- Will be exposed to extreme temperature changes and noise
- Majority of duties performed outside in all weather conditions
- This is a physically demanding position
Demonstrated Values to be Successful in the Position
Employees at gategroup are expected to live our Values of Excellence, Integrity, Passion and Accountability. To demonstrate these Values, we expect to observe the following from everyone:
- We treat each other with respect and we act with integrity
- We communicate and keep each other informed
- We put our heads together to problem solve and deliver excellence as a team
- We have passion for our work and we pay attention to the little details
- We foster an environment of accountability, take responsibility for our actions and learn from our mistakes
- We do what we say we will do, when we say we are going to do it
- We care about our coworkers, always taking an opportunity to make someone's day better
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
gategroup is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability status or other category under applicable law.