Grounded in versatility and powered by a styling community, Express is a modern, multichannel apparel and accessories brand whose purpose is to Create Confidence & Inspire Self-Expression. Launched in 1980 with the idea that style, quality and value should all be found in one place, Express has been a part of some of the most important and culture-defining fashion trends. The Express Edit design philosophy ensures that the brand is always ‘of the now’ so people can get dressed for every day and any occasion knowing that Express can help them look the way they want to look and feel the way they want to feel.
The Company operates over 500 retail and outlet stores in the United States and Puerto Rico, the express.com online store and the Express mobile app. Express, Inc. is comprised of the brands Express and UpWest, and is traded on the NYSE under the symbol EXPR. For more information, please visit www.express.com.
The Business Partner provides strategic guidance to senior leadership (VP and SVP) and focuses on organizational effectiveness, talent strategy, and change management. The incumbent also partners with assigned leadership across the business to drive organizational objectives while leveraging cross-functional partners.
- Drives assigned lines of business talent strategy through talent reviews, succession planning, and coaching to build organizational capacity for continued corporate growth.
- Builds team capabilities through organizational design and guides change management initiatives.
- Identifies and diagnoses talent and organizational opportunities and partners to implement solutions.
- Cultivates close partnerships with HR leaders and organizational development to address opportunities such as workforce development, key employee retention, succession planning, and organizational effectiveness.
- Identifies development opportunities and partners with organizational development to create and deploy appropriate tools and programs.
- Drives the vision for HR as a strategic business partner for their assigned clients, challenging decisions and actions to focus on adding value to the organization.
- Delivers the strategic HR initiatives within assigned client groups by providing effective coaching and guidance in all HR areas to improve employee development, talent, performance management, organizational performance and employee engagement.
- Other essential tasks that are not listed may be requested by your supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, Business, Industrial Relations, or a related preferred, additional years of service considered in lieu of degree.
- 7+ years in progressive HR or related business experience in lieu of degree, including 3+ years significant associate relations and performance management experience
- Well-developed consultative skills and ability to communicate and collaborate effectively across varied stakeholder audiences including senior organizational leaders
- Working knowledge of multiple HR disciplines, compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee relations, diversity, performance management, federal and state respective employment laws.
- Effectively able to work in a high volume, fast-paced, rapidly changing, results-oriented work environment
- Retail apparel industry experience preferred.
As an equal opportunity employer, Express does not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment on the basis of any federal, state, or locally protected class. Express only hires individuals authorized for employment in the United States.
Notification to Agencies: Please note that Express does not accept unsolicited resumes or calls from third-party recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Master Service Agreement and approval from HR to submit resumes for a specific requisition, Express will not consider or approve payment to any third-parties for hires made.
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!Click here to get started!